Chapter 28

"Hazel Valdez" the lady at the podium called out with so much flourish. I stood up, my blue and yellow graduation gown flowing around me and walked to her in the middle of the stage. I could hear the thunderous shouts from my dad, brothers and Dylan. I wasn't going to be embarrassed by them though. I walked to the lady and collected my diploma from her, cast a grin at the crowd and walked to my seat.

The ceremony was finally over, and I went to where my brothers stood waiting. They all pulled me into a group hug. Dad wiped away tears from his eyes as he clung unto me.

"I never thought, this day will come" he said pulling me into another hug "your mum will be proud of you" I smiled at him, fighting the urge to cry too. Dylan popped out from behind dad and pulled me into his arms, he placed a long lingering kiss on my lips before hugging me tightly.

"I'm so proud of you Hazel dazzle" he whispers before pulling away and staring into my eyes. For a moment I was lost in his eyes, but I was soon pulled out by the voice of my best friend.

"If you don't mind, I'll love to give my best friend a hug" Emma said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and hugged her tightly. "I can't believe we did it"

"yeah, me too" we pulled away and then headed to the others. we were going for the after-graduation party at a rented hall. We all got into the car and Ivan drove. we got day ad entered into the hall. The hall was already filled with dancing people, drunk ones and sober ones.

I found a table and all of us sat around. Miles and Emma went to get drinks as they claimed to be too sober. I took a sip from the fruit juice that was on my table.

"so, what are you plans for the future? college?" Dylan asked. I shrugged. I honestly didn't want to think about it at my graduation party. " I can't believe I won't see you in a long time."

"You can always come to visit" I told him with a small smile. Emma and Miles came stumbling to the table. They were both hopelessly drunk and it was funny watching them support themselves as they walked so the other won't fall.

"Let's party" Emma yelled pulling Miles to a nearby table. They both got on top of the table and began to dance.

"I'm getting this on camera" Simon said pulling out his phone. His girlfriend Georgia rolled her eyes and sent me a small smile. I smiled back.

Ivan came to the table then, hooked to his arm was a girl. She was tall, with long blonde hair and beautiful green eyes. Since when did Ivan have a girlfriend?

"ok guys, this is Fiona my fiancé" I choked but nobody noticed because they were all clapping and patting him on the back whereas I sat in my seat wiping juice from my nose and trying to hide my anger. I slipped away from the table and went to the front garden and sat down. I was being selfish, but I couldn't help but think about Ivan not telling me that he was getting married.

I looked up when I felt someone seat beside me. It was Ivan. He sat down on the stairs beside me and cast me a weird look.

"Something on your mind, princess?" I shook my head, but he wasn't taking no for an answer. "Tell me Hazel"!

"Ok fine, why didn't you tell me about Fiona and why today, of all days?" i asked him.

he raised an eyebrow " I thought you were going to be happy about it?" "It only made me angry and now I'm thinking about everyone leaving" i said.

"i's sorry Hazel, but we must get used to change, we can't stay together forever, it's life, we have to grow, move, live, what's the greatest change you've ever had?"

"Coming to live with you guys" Ivan smiled. "it's the best change."

"What of you?" I asked him. he sighed.

"When mum died and your mum left" I sighed sadly and placed my head on his shoulder. "But then all things walk together for good"

"I'm sorry, I overreacted, i's happy for you and I want to be the chief bride's maid" I replied. he laughed. "Your wish is granted princess, am I forgiven?

I placed my finger on my chin pretending to think "piggyback ride."

Ivan crouched down and I climbed his back. he stood and ran into the hall. Everyone was looking at us. He walked to our table. "Hey Fiona, i'm Hazel" I said. She smiled.

"Hey, I've heard a lot of things about you."

"Good things I hope" I said giving Ivan a glare. He chuckled and let me down. She gave me a thumbs up. "let's party" Ivan yelled. We all screamed in agreement.

sorry for the formerly repeated chapters. I'm correcting them now.