Chapter 62: It'll All Be Worth It

*One month later*

"Two months to go until Ryder's in the world.." Michael sings.

He's so excited. And we've remade the bedroom now, it's looking better than before.

The walls are painted purple, our lucky colour, the bed is brand new, we have different furniture, and a new set of clothes. Yes, it was rather expensive, but at least we have our room back.

I'm sitting with Michael on the sofa, we normally sit here in the afternoons.

Michael's playing with my hair, and I'm letting him. His touch feels so good against my hair, and occasionally he stops what he's doing to kiss the back of my neck. It feels so good.

"Do you want me to braid your hair, baby?" Michael asks.

I turn around to face him, and smile before giving him a sweet kiss on the lips. "That would be lovely, thank you sweetie."

He starts to braid immediately, splitting my hair into three sections and starting to cross them over.

Spring has just started, so the sun has been coming out more, and a few little flowers and butterflies have come out.

The bees and wasps aren't around yet. Good. I hate them. I'm scared of being stung.

"I've finished braiding, come with me," Michael takes my hand and drags me outside.

It's bright and sunny outside, and Michael brings me out to the hills. I've only ever been here once, and it wasn't even when we were together. It was for a school trip when we were younger, for geography or something. I think I was 18 or 19. About 5 years before we even got together.

But I didn't even know Michael then, he hadn't come to my school yet. He came when I was 21 or 22. But the point is, I've never been here out of class.

But it's beautiful in spring time, the grass is such a gorgeous green, and there are little daisies growing, and butterflies circulating around all the time. I love it.

Michael sets me down at the top of the hill, and sits opposite me, looking into my eyes.

His eyes sparkle when the sunlight hits them.

His eyes are beautiful. Perfect.

He puts his hand in mine and kisses my lips gently.

"I braided your hair for you. C'mon, let's make a daisy chain," he giggles playfully and starts gathering daises.

He slits a hole into the stem of the first daisy, then slots a second stem through it. He carries on doing this, and I sit and watch him closely.

It's not that I don't know how to make them, it's more 'I can't be bothered to.'

He finally finishes it and ties the ends together to make it a giant daisy ring thing. I'm sitting on the hill still, and Michael comes up behind me, sitting with his legs either side of me.

"And now, I crown my beautiful queen," he says softly, placing the daisy ring on my head, like a crown.

He kisses my forehead, and hugs me from behind. His hands touch my stomach, and he strokes it gently.

"Just 2 very short months," he says dreamily.

"They'll go like lightning. I bet," I reply.

Michael leans his head on my shoulder, still hugging me from behind.

"Hmm.. can we roll down the hill?" he asks childishly.

I chuckle. "You wanna roll down the hill?"