☁️Heartbeats☁️

Kazuichi's P.O.V

As I lay my head on Gundham's chest, I focus on the sound of his calm and steady breathing and his heartbeat. The sound of a beating heart always comforted me (not in a weird or creepy kind of morbid way). They were steady. Calming. Soothing.
I looked up at the sleeping face of the dark lord himself. I felt a sense of guilt, noticing his dark circles under his eyes.
He had gotten those because of me...
I shook the idea out of my head. Gundham loves me, and I love him. He said so himself that he would do anything g to keep me happy, so I had to believe that he was doing this because he wanted to and not out of pity or moral obligation.
I noticed he began to stir and pretended to still be asleep. I didn't want him teasing me for staring at him in his sleep. He began sitting up but saw I was laying there and later back down. He ran a bandaged hand through my pink hair. "My dear dark prince...why must you look so peaceful and tranquil as you sleep?" He chuckles softly. "It pains me knowing what terrors go through your head, however," he leans down to kiss my forehead, "Know I will always be here for you, my paramour."

I could only hope this was the truth.

A/N:
Yes it's short but I wanted to get at least something out there since I haven't posted a chapter for this in a while. I'm sorry!