Chapter5: the punch

A/N: sorry for my last update, I know it was kinda late but here ya go! Two chapters in one day! I might be posting another one later on:)

Review, vote, comment, enjoy;)

Hermione pov:

I woke up slightly confused that I wasn't in my room. I look around to take in my surroundings only to find myself lying on what feels like a body, than it hit me, all the things that happened last night, I come to the conclusion that I fell asleep on his chest. I look up to see draco, staring at me.

"Good morning hermione" he says, with his morning voice that I find really attractive.

"Good morning draco" I say sitting myself up to face him. "Thank you draco, really, no one has ever really comforted me like that when I get my nightmares" i say putting my head down from embarrassment. He puts one of his fingers under my chin lifting my head up smiling softly at me. I smile back.

"I get them too sometimes, I understand" he says I quickly hug him with everything I have. I feel him a little shocked at my actions but quickly hugs me back wrapping his strong arms around me. This, this is that feeling I felt last night, safe, completed. We eventually pull back.

"I'm gonna go take a shower and get ready for classes" I say standing up and heading to my room.

"Hermione" I turn around to see him. "Wait for me?" He asks. I smile and nod

"Of course" I say before going into my room.

⓪⓪⓪⓪

Dracos pov:

We walk out of the common room and make our way towards the great hall. A comfortable silence falls on us as we walk. I turn to see her looking concentrated on something.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask

"Ron, how it's gonna be awkward"
She replies with a grimace

"Oh, but I thought you were ok with it"

"I was, not him, he took it better than I thought, but not exactly how I took it" she says with a sad expression.

"Oh, well I'll see you in potions" I say before pushing the great hall doors open.

"Yea, bye draco" she waves at me before running off towards the Gryffindor table.

I sit down and am actually feeling good about today.

"Hey, so anything going on between you and granger?" Blaise asks scooting towards me. For some odd reason Blaise won't stop asking me about her, and not in the way everyone else is. He always, everyday asks something like 'hey, how's granger' or 'I'm glad granger looks happy today' it's starting to get annoying.

"Blaise, do you fancy granger?" I ask, completely ignoring his previous question.

"What? No!" Blaise exclaims looking horrified.

"Oh sure, because you so don't ask about her every day!" I yell.

"Ok! Fine! Meet me in the room of requirement after dinner and I'll tell you everything" he says. He is completely on edge and it has something to do with the hermione, I start to slightly panic.

⓪⓪⓪⓪

Hermione's pov:

I walk up and plop myself and my bag right next to Ginny. I did my best to sit away from Ron, at least for a little bit.

"Hey hermione" Ginny says

"Hey gin" I reply

She scoots over completely towards me with eagerness in her posture and in her eyes.

"So" she says I'm slightly confused but soon realize she probably saw me and draco.

"So?" I say still trying to be 'confused'

"Oh stop, you know what I'm talking about! What is going on with you and Malfoy?" She whisper yelled

"Nothing, actually last night, I had a horrible nightmare and he comforted me, I don't know, I just felt so warm and safe in his arms" I say dreamily, than I quickly realize my mistake, I had completely told Ginny my thoughts about him!

"Oh. My. Merlin. You. Fancy. Him!" She exclaimed in excitement.

"What! Ok fine maybe just a little bit, Ginny! You have to promise you won't tell anyone!" I whisper yell back.

"Alright, alright!" She said

⓪⓪⓪⓪⓪

I make my way to transfiguration when I feel a strong arm pull me into a class room.

Ron. He stands there staring at me with hurt and anger in his eyes.

"Hello hermione, we need to talk" he simply says

"Ron, actually I feel like we should just stay away for a bit" I say nervous he might lash out or something.

"No! Hermione I love you, we can make this work" he says with pleading eyes.

"No ron, we are over, you know that, I know that, it's done" I say with my head down feeling his gaze on me. 

I turn for the door when I feel his arm again pull me back to the position I was in. His face so close to mine, my eyes widened when I realize how close we are.

"It's ok, hermione your just confused" he says than caressing my face his both his hand.

"No ron! I'm not! I. Said it. Is. Over!" I yell. I suddenly see his arm coming towards me from a distance and than what i feel is awful I feel his hand punch me right in the cheek. I feel unconscious after that.

Dracos POV:

Yes! Next class, potions with hermione, I start to scan the room for her, she's not there, and I'm late. Five minutes late. I take a seat in the back of the class when I start to hear some whispers

"Yea, I can't believe it!" Some girl whisper yells

"I know right I mean her cheek, it was purple. I feel bad for hermione" I stop at the sound of her name. I whip my head behind to see the girls writing some notes

"Hey! What happened to her-granger?" I whisper yell.

"She got punched in the face on her way to transfiguration, some people say it's Ron because of how angry and guilty he looked in all his classes and he wasn't in transfiguration either" one of the girls says. I turn red and anger boils inside me. How? How could he hit her?

I raise my hand high

"Yes Mister Malfoy?"

"I don't feel so good, my stomach really hurts"

"Go to the hospital wing immediately! I don't want you throwing up in my classroom mister Malfoy!"

"Yes sir!" I say than run out with my bag.

The minute I'm out I run towards the hospital wing to see hermione in her clothes without a robe on,
sitting on the edge of one hospital beds as Madam Pomfrey hands her a vial. I run towards her

"Hey hermione are you ok?" I ask concern hitting me like a wave.

"Y-yea in ok, hurts a little bit but I'm ok" she says. All I see is a hurt but determined girl sitting in front of me.

"Miss granger, you are free to go" Madam Pomfrey says.

"Thank you" hermione says before grabbing her bag and walking with me to our dormitory.

When we get into the common room she takes a seat in the couch and pulls out what looks like homework.

I walk over to her and sense immediately that somethings wrong.

"Hermione you want a hug? you don't look to good" I softly say.

She turns to look at me putting her homework on the table next to the couch and nods slightly before rushing hug on me. Her head resting on my chest while I put my chin on top of her head running circles on her back soothingly. I suddenly remembered my meeting with Blaise, but didn't care. He could wait for tomorrow I had sent him an owl when hermione fell asleep on my chest.

A/N: review, vote, comment :)