Chapter 2: swing into action part 2

A/n: hello my fellow readers here is the next chapter to this story, now I've been asked if I could do something with Ray and female Zarc but right now I won't say anything yet until I can think of something good. now let the chapter begin.

3rd pov

on the dueling field both Yuya and Y/n face their opponents, who have their strongest monsters out.

Y/N'S LP: 4000

YUYA'S LP: 2900

KARIYA'S LP: 4000

SLEDGEHAMMER'S LP: 2750

during the duel Kariya's first Darklord was attacking Y/n making his friends worry, but Y/n quickly moves to the zip line down the castle making the monster chase him. on the way down Y/n catches something that he sees, once he was close enough to the ground he let's go and makes a break for it, but The First Darklord sends a sword strike at Y/n impacting the ground creating a smoke screen.

Y/n's friends: Y/n!

as the smoke screen dies down Y/n is seen still standing with a smile on his face, while Kariya raised an eyebrow on why he is.

Kariya: still standing? how?

Y/n: it's simple. *brings up a card* I play the action card evasion! this negates the attack of your monster. I'm not going down that easily.

Kariya: *chuckles* well played kid. I end my turn.

-with Yuya and Sledgehammer's duel-

then Battleguard King is freed after Yuya end her turn bring back it's original attack point back to normal added with the 2000it just got by Sledgehammer's trap card Battleguard's Rage.

 BATTLEGUARD KING'S ATK: 2000> 5000

Sledgehammer: now I have the upper hand, my little friend. and I'm going to use it to crush you! * sees Yuya tries to run on her odd eyes* no! you won't escape! Battleguard King! destroy her Odd Eyes!

the giant red monster then let out a roar and bring sup it's mace, while Yuya tries to reach for another action card. only tom come up short as Battleguard King destroys Odd Eyes with it's mace. Yuya then rolls on the ground losing life points.

YUYA'S LP: 2900>400

Y/n: Yuya!

Sledgehammer: because of Battleguard rage's effect, your dragon goes back to your hand instead of the graveyard. watch how a winner duels as I wield Battleguard magic! *plays the spell card* it will pump me back up with life points as it deflates any chance you had of winning this duel!

SLEDGEHAMMER'S LP: 2750>4000

-at the stands-

Yuzu: could this get any worse?

-back to the duel-

Sledgehammer: luckily for you, my Battleguard King cannot attack again this turn. you'll survive for now. but I promise this, you  won't last long. *plays a face down card* it's useless, but go ahead and draw. maybe you should pull a disappearing act, kid. after all, like father, like daughter!

Y/n: shut up! you Arnold Schwarzenegger wanna be!

Yuya: no thanks! I'm staying- [who am I kidding. it's hopeless I don't have the cards or the skills to pull this out. maybe I should pull a vanishing act... after all, I'm not the duel-tianer my dad was and I never will be.]

Yusho's voice: when things get tough... try to laugh when you feel like crying... don't worry about anything... if the pendulum swings one way, you know it will swing the other way, too. try to remember what I've told you...