➳𝟡𝕥𝕙 ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕖

".... Do you think the world beyond the tyrant wind currents is a beautiful place?" I ask the bard who awfully has the same face as certain someone but instead of green eyes, he has blue and pure black hair.

He hummed something as we both stared down to the city that is captive along with us. He smiled as he holds a picture of what the place outside would look like.

"Of course, there are many wonderful places beyond this wall. We can find out what it looks like once we're out of this place!"

He was always optometric of everything, almost unreal.

"'Liebchen... Liebchen!!'

I heard a small voice called out to me and when I stare to my left a small cute creature bump into me with a smile.

"Oh, the relationship between you and Barbatos develops fast like a hurricane. It almost made me envy, how clingy they are to you."

The person beside me jested as he pats the head of Barbatos who let him before looking at me. I laugh as I pat his head too. He seems to let out a cute giggle that made me stared at him weirdly as I notice I once again the only one who heard him.

...
The scene change to what seems to be a nightmare. Yet in that nightmare, a happy ending was made for others, as the freedom that we lack has given. But it cost the lives of some of our people.

"W-we made it. We defeated the tyrant..."

I hold my blade, body full of pain and scars from the fight. I felt weak but I was still one the luck to survive such a dreadful living nightmare.

"—!!!!"

I heard a scream of familiar a name and I painfully look around the source and there I saw a sight of a friend fallen to his demise but he was smiling as an arrow shot to his heart.

"—!!?! NO!"

I hurried to get to his side through the painful aching of wounds and when I almost arrive there I tripped from one of the dead corpses and I look up from my lying position was my comrades who are crying as well the small fellow who's holding their dearest friend hand as if not believing what happen to him.

"Please wake up... aren't you the one who wishes for the people's freedom? To see the place outside the walls... hey wake up, Venti..."

I teared up, I can't even feel the pain from every part of my body from this emotion of despair of a friend passing.

...

Why does everything cost... even it's for the greater good? Why ... why my friend who I treated as my solo family is dead... yet, will he be remembered by his deeds?! As a hero or will he be a forgotten fragment of history. He can't even see the stuff outside the walls. How unfair the world is! I hate it!

And he died... died ... while smiling.

"Don't cry... pls don't...cry..."

I felt someone patted my head and I look up and almost froze up when I saw the same face as someone who I thought was dead.

"V-Venti..."

My voice cracked as I felt myself losing balance... is this real?

He shook his head as if denying my words. That he isn't Venti the bard with blue eyes who lead the rebellion, to fight for freedom from the tyrant of the wind.

"Don't cry... Venti won't want you to cry.......Liebchen"

His voice was different. As if it was the first time he has ever spoken.

I then realize. It wasn't Venti who I know but Barbatos. I still don't understand why are they taking the form of Venti...

"Venti said... that I shall explore the world for him..."

But that doesn't mean he needs to take the form of Venti. I closely inspect him, unlike venti he has beautiful glowing green eyes. I first thought about how could he do such a thing as stealing someone else identity... yet all I did was hug him and cried.

Maybe I was too mournful of what happens...
To think straight of this matter. But since then that time, somehow he keeps pretending to be Venti... as if just comfort me.

...

Happy new year !!