Pilot

"Ewww!! what the fuck" I said, as I was looking through old flicks of myself that sat in my memories on Snap. "Bruhhh Oh my god, who let me out the house like—" I was trying to say, while my sentence was broken off with a sudden laugh. I was never really satisfied with my appearance, and I was bullied for my looks back in elementary school. I'm known as a girl who stands only 5'4 off the ground and seems to be thick, and I'm not talking about slim thick either. I had dyed my hair a nice carrot color. It was either that or blonde.

My parents, well— mom dukes.. was always against me doing things to my hair, as she thought it had a nice feel and moisture to it- and anything related to a "perm" would mess up it's natural texture. So I promised this would be the one and LAST time I was to change my hair color.. (well she doesn't know that yet 😂)

After looking at about 5 more pictures of myself, I sent the last bit of my streaks then logged off. It's a habit for me to uninstall the app, just so I can worry about less people blowing up my cell. But then again, I had to remember that all my so called "friends" dipped on me. All I had was maybe one or two. But .. I haven't heard them from since. It's the end of March and I'm now laying in my bed looking around at the room lights my mom purchased for me, back in January. I had just came back from vacation out of state about a week and a half ago and lord, do I wish I could go back. The north is cold and it just .. sucks. There's really nothing up here. After reminiscing for about an hour and a half, I had remembered something about a game. A virtual game.

I sat up in my bed, and went straight to the notes app in my phone. This thought was now piercing in my mind. As if the information I had set for this game was soon to ooze out from my finger tips, and into the keyboard, the content of the login started to fade dramatically. I couldn't help but sit there and squint.

"C'mon Sky, you gotta remember this shit." I looked around my room as if something that could help me remember, was there. "Maybe, I should download the app and it would probably help me better.. stupid." I went to the google play store, as I was owning a Samsung branded phone at the time.. and decided to get the virtual game: IMVU. There it sat. Unique but adventurous. As I looked in the description while the app was installing, I had a sudden flashback of when I used to roam on this game in the past. I made a few accounts, as I kept forgetting my passwords and eventually made one that I actually cat-fished on. The feeling of pretending to be someone you're NOT, is wild.. but that's everyone everyday right?

After the app finished downloading, those memories of the accounts I made started to add up towards present time. I had remembered two years ago, I made an account that actually seemed to be the main one. I never really had time to play with that one, and last year I had started to put money on it and made my first good looking avi- (well at the time..) Once I clicked on the app, nothing but a blank setting sat in my mind. "Aww shit, here we go again. Why can't I fucking think ?!!" A good 10 minutes went by and I kept trying to login using my personal email. Eventually it stopped me and said in a nice, red thin line: "too many attempts. try again later." I had no choice but to give that thing a break.

As I waited, I started to straighten up my room a bit, since I didn't have much time to tend to it the past few months.. because I was involved with winter basketball at school. Unfortunately, it was a COMPLETE lost for the team. Not ONCE did we win a game, and I felt so embarrassed. The season was full of nothing but disappointment and a lot of shit talking between the colts and other opposing teams. As more than enough time went by, I decided to try the app once more. Surprised that my mind still on dumb dumb mode, I was logged in within the next 5 seconds.

There she sat. In my face, was a half naked avatar. She had a colorful see through jacket on, with a thong that had the same color segment on it. At the time, I knew I needed to make ..some BIG changes. I started to look in my messages and noticed I had 2-3 of them. 2 of them actually had notifications from last year and I decided to open and delete them afterwards. I thought to myself- "what was the point. These people probably forgot about this app like I did." But I had my reasons. I went into my inventory and went to look at other outfits I had made. I shook my head. "What the fuck was I on last year? " I started laughing a little and had fixed up a decent fit after scrapping the old ones, and headed towards the chat now section. This was when... the old feelings started to kick in again. But it felt more than a regular feeling.

More like .. a new beginning. For Skylar.

•picture of me w/ dyed hair from Snapchat below: