Chapter 8

Lem quickened his pace to catch up with Nora, not willing to remain behind with the quivering Kieran and that warning glare Arthur held towards him. "Remind me again why we're doin' this?"

"Fishing?" She turned to look over at Lem who only stared blankly forward. "It's a nice break from all the workin' and I thought you wouldn't mind a day to jus' relax."

"Aunt Maggie won't be too thrilled if we're lazing about, mind and besides you k-know I ain't so keen on fishin'." He spared a glance over his shoulder, looking at how tense and stiff Kieran was as he walked behind them. Nora abruptly came to a halt which caught the group off guard, she turned towards Arthur and Kieran and waved them closer. "You two go ahead an' find a good spot." They nodded at her instructions and left the pair alone.

When gone, Nora took Lem's hand gently and pulled him from the path and over to a rock near to sit on. "One, Aunt Maggie wouldn't mind you havin' a break every once in a while and two, you don't gotta fish or stay.. I ain't gonna force ya."

"I'll stay but I won't fish." She chuckled slightly and placed her palm against his cheek. "You an' I can sit on the beach then."

"Sure."

...

She found the men a little bit aways from Clemens Point, already preparing the equipment they brought for their little trip. Kieran had been the one to spot her as she approached and to be kind he gave both her and Lem a gentle wave.

"Nice spot you found here." She complimented and subtly Kieran had turned a darker shade of pink.

"It was more Kieran than me." Arthur pointed towards the male as he said this and Nora turned towards Duffy after being told so. "Well, it is a lovely spot."

To prevent himself from becoming more flustered, Kieran had to move further away from the group than he would like. At first Arthur opened his mouth to shout at the "O'Driscoll" but when he noticed the pink tint to his cheek and the more-than-usual nervey expression, he had realised that Kieran needed to move away from them so he wouldn't embarrass himself. He was definitely going to tease him about this in the future.

Nora sat crossed legged on the grass behind where as Lem sat in front, using his knee to rest his arm. "You two ain't fishin'?" Arthur asked them, when he noticed them sitting by.

Nora raised a hand and shook her head. "I'm poor at it and Lem ain't necessarily a big fisherman neither."

Kieran turned around with a subtle frown, extending hid hand forward even though she was too far to take it. "Come on, why don't you join in for a bit?" He called but she refused.

"I can show you some of my tricks."

Arthur heard his comment and quickly looked over with a warning look in his eye. "These tricks better be appropriate now, Kieran." And at this the man's face had turned a dark red and Nora bursted out into a hearty-laugh from it.

"I-It's not like that, Mister." He tried to defend but realised that the man had only been teasing when he too, broke out into a laugh.

Kieran abruptly looked away to hide the shame and focused entire on his fishing instead of Nora and the other's. "It ain't right." He muttered under his breathe but the other's didn't hear him anyway.

Nora stood between the two men, her hands on her hips as she inspected the calm waters and from across the way she noticed Mary-Beth standing with a coffee in hand, waving gently at them which she reciprocated with a bright smile.

Nothing much had been said amongst them, but there was no awkward silence amongst them rather, it was a nice feeling as they enjoyed their fishing.