chapter 19

-- Y/N's POV --
the next morning

Okay, I have to tell Fred and George the truth. I can't keep hiding from them. I walk into the great hall, adjusting my scarlet and gold tie.

I walk straight over to the twins, ignoring Cedric. I sit opposite the two gingers and George raises his eyebrows at me, as if to say what?

'Um... I have to tell you guys something.'

'What's up, Y/N?' George asks, as if he has places to be.

'Um...'

Before I say another word, I see a shadow of a tall figure show up on the table. 

'Good morning, baby.'

Oh god, seriously?

'Wanna walk to class together?' Cedric asks sitting next to me.

I look at Fred and George who both look at me expectantly. We need to get out of here.

I have an idea. In our second year, we came up with a code. Different objects mean different things. For example, orange means I have a problem, please help. We came up with it so we could help each other without other people understanding.

Praying the boys would still understand, I risk it and say, 'Fred, George. Lime.'

I'm relieved when the boys make it clear they remember. The three of us rush to get up and immediately leg it towards the door.

Lime means let's get out of here.

I turn for a second to see Cedric still sitting there, confused.

We turn corridor after corridor and decide to hide out in an abandoned classroom.

Trying to catch our breath, we all stand for a second before bursting out laughing.

I lock the door and turn to the twins.

'You still remember the code words?' I ask.

'Yeah, of course.' Fred says, grinning.

'Okay, I need to tell you something important without that dickhead, Cedric, butting in.'

'Whoa, why would you talk like that about your boyfriend?' George asks, sitting on a table.

'Well, that's the thing,' I say, awkwardly. The twins looking at me, waiting for me to say something. 'Cedric isn't actually my boyfriend.'

'I knew it,' George says. 'It's so obvious.'

'You can't tell him I told you this though. He's blackmailing me.'

Fred immediately looks concerned.

'Did he threaten to hurt you?'

'No, he just... knows something. He said if I don't pretend to date him, he'll tell everyone.' I reply and look at the twins, apologetically.

'Can you tell us?' George says, hopefully.

'Uh...'

'How did Cedric find out if we can't even know?' George questions.

'Honestly, I was hiding it from everyone. I have no clue how Cedric found out.'

We sit in silence for a second, none of us knowing what to say or do.

'Why didn't you tell us?' Fred asks, looking a little hurt.

'What? My secret or about me and Cedric?'

'Both.' George says, matter-of-factly.

'Guys, I wish I could tell you but my mother... She doesn't want people knowing. Neither does my father.'

'Jeez, how bad is it?' George says, mindlessly tracing the random doodles drawn over the desk.

'Quite. I hope you guys understand.'

'I guess. What are you going to do about Cedric?' Fred says.

'Haven't the foggiest,' I reply, honestly. 'I'll go along with it, I guess.'

The twins look at each other and at me and reach over for a group hug.

'It'll be okay, Y/N. I promise.' Fred whispers to me.

God, I hope he's right.

                                 ***

I feel better next morning in the great hall. I butter a piece of toast and continue hiding my face from Cedric.
Fred and George helping by blocking me from his view. They're both tall so I'm hidden well.

Luckily, he hasn't seen me yet so I'm safe for now. I'm hoping me and the boys can finish breakfast quick and get out of here before Cedric sees.

'Are you guys almost done?' I whisper, trying to get to our next class early to avoid him.

'Yeah, sure. Let's go.' Fred says, standing up.

'Potions, right?' George asks as we walk out of the hall with a slice of toast in his hand.

'Yeah, to the dungeons then.' Fred adds gloomily.

Before we can even step foot out into the corridor, we get interrupted.

'OI! EVERYONE LISTEN UP!'

We turn to see Cedric standing on the table, shouting to get everyone's attention.

The whole hall is silent. Everyone wants to hear what he has to say.

'Huh? What the hell?' I say to the twins.

'This can't be good.' George replies.

'I've got a secret that I don't think should stay a secret any longer. '

I turn to the twins who look just as concerned. Oh god. This can't be happening.

'Y/N's dad is a death-eater.'

A/N
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and hope you're all staying safe.
Sorry if there are any mistakes. I was writing this at about 1am so only half my brain was functioning lmaoo.

Jess :)