Rubber Bones

3rd Person POV

"So, i got you these old second hand skates. They're a bit shabby, but if your not competing competitively yet then you need nothing flashy. You wont be learning any flashy moves until you can actually skate without flaw? Do you understand?"

"Hai"

She gave the skates to Izuku by the laces. They were plane white skates, that were pealing a little. The laces were worn out, the knobs on the end are gone, and the blades were  scratched and tinted.

Although he smiled a bit. These were his first skates. He ran off to the changing room, and looked at the outfit his sensei had left him. It was a black long sleeve shirt, a green coat that had some logo in a different language, and some black leggings, along with some wool socks.

He got dressed, feeling a little to comfortable in the leggings. He walked out, confused on how to put the skates on. He held them by the laces.

"Um.. Sensei? How do you put the skates on?"

She looked at him and sighed.

"C'mere. I'll do it for you."

"Arigato!"

He ran over to her, and sat down on the bench by the rink.
The lady bent down and put on his skates, doing the laces up tightly.

"Arigato!"

"Sure, sure whatever. Now get on the ice. We need to start somewhere."

She pulled him towards the clear door to enter the ice. He had only just realized she was wearing skates as well.

"Is it safe for you to skate..?"

"Hey! Im not that old. I never said i couldn't skate normally. I just can't do no fancy tricks like gliding, axels and what not."

"Oh.."

She sighed and skated onto the ice slowly.

"Ah, i haven't done this in forever."

Izuku looked at her worriedly, but stepped on the ice anyway. He quickly latched onto the bars decorating the walls of the rink.

"U-um... actually! I think ill just be a tree watcher-"

"NONSENSE!"

"B-but!"

"No buts. You will be an ice skater! I already bought your boots and outfit!"

"Ill pay you ba-"

"Nonsense. Now come here. You can hold on to me."

"Ahaha... about that.. i dont think i can move..."

"Fine. Ill go to you then"

She skated towards him, and grabbed his arm.

"Hold onto me."

He held her arm tightly, his skates slid continuously on the ice.

And so they started training. Every other day, she would take him to a dance studio in her house, or mansion i should say. Did i mention she was rich? You should've caught on when she said she rented the rink.

She found out that Izuku was extremely flexible. You could say he has rubber bones. Someone would call it a quirk if they didn't know he was quirkless.

Izuku improved over the month. He can now skate gracefully. He can skate backwards, forwards, he can turn corners properly. Hes about to learn how to forward spiral.

(i have been watching videos on how ice skating works what things are called and how to get started. in no way do i skate so i don't understand to well. Please excuse any mistakes made.)

"Alright, so lean on the railing. make sure no one is near you. That is a hazard. If you have you foot in the air and someone skates past you, your blade could injure them greatly. So rule one: make sure the space your practicing in is free."

Izuku nodded in understandment.

"Alright good. Now skate to the railing."

Izuku complied, quickly getting in place.

"Alright, now, put all your weight on the leg you'll be standing. After you've done that, lure your body down whilst lifting your leg up. This is one singular movement. When your leg is levitated, turn it sideways, otherwise it makes your spiral look and ugly. While you do so, keep on looking forward. You don't wanna crash into something."

Izuku complied and did so, immediately flopping a little in his waist and abdomen.

"You need to tense your abdomen Izuku. Do wanna flop on the floor?"

Izuku huffs and complies, quickly getting the gist of it.

Soon Izuku had the forward spiral by the railing of the rink, they moved to the middle of the rink.

"Alright, when you dip your body, make sure your toe pick doesn't get caught. Denchers aren't a good look on you."

"HEY! Rude!"

Izuku puffed out his cheeks and she laughed.

"Alrighty, lets get this forward spiral down."

She gave him a grin and he returned it with twice as much glee.