Chapter 4 - Won't You Believe It's Just My Luck

Kurt

Seattle. What a hell hole.

Bad memories, Broken heart and Broken dreams. I relieved it all immediately I breathed in the choking air.

Home.

And now Krist was dragging us to Michael Stone's music store to meet the girl he wants as our new guitarist. Honestly, I just wanted to sleep. But at the same time I was curious to see what was gonna happen. So here we are now.

"I'm here. Sorry. I had issues parking" I said. I would never admit it but I stink at driving.

"Kurt stinks at driving. Whose idea was it to give him the car in the first place?" Michael asked.

"Hey! It was the weather" I complained. "Stupid air. So anyways, where's the girl?" I asked. Dave choked on a laugh. "What? I love being straight to the point" I defended.

"Girl? You don't mean Ashlyn do you?" Michael asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Huh? Me?" I heard a soft female voice say from behind Krist. "Krist you need a height reduction, I'm not visible at all" She said.

"Trying growing. You ever heard of it?" Michael teased as Krist stepped aside.

"Get bent" She said coming into my line of vision. I finally got a look at her. A good one for that matter.

She was pretty I'd say. She had a very natural and exotic look to her. Straight strawberry blonde hair, plump lips and a slim figure with curves. Attractive I'd say.

Hmm.

"That's not very original anymore toots" Mike teased.

"Nope but it still does the job" I replied. She turned over to me and smiled. "By the way, I'm Kurt"

"Ashlyn. Trust me I'm trying my best not to act too star struck but I'm honestly a huge fan" She complimented locking eyes with me.

"She played Nevermind on repeat for a whole month" Michael blurted out.

"Michael!" She yelled a blush forming on a her face. The other guys laughed and I gave a few chuckles.

"Well thanks" I said genuinely. "We never imagined Nevermind would take off so quickly"

"Yeah. But Bleach was so good I'm sure people were already on their toes anticipating what would come next" She replied.

Well no shocker that she'd listened to Bleach. She lived in Seattle after all. But it still warmed my heart that she'd done so.

I had a good feeling about this girl and no it's not me being conceited or anything.

We still kept our eyes locked in on each other until I heard Michael clear his throat, several times actually.

"Quit eye fucking him Ash" He said.

"You wish I was eye fucking you" She replied.

"I will not dignify that with a response. Nice to see you again Kurt. So what were you saying about Ashlyn?" Michael asked.

"I thought Krist already told you" I replied a bit confused.

"Huh? Told me what?"

"Well before we get into anything who else is starving. Lunch?" Dave suggested.

"You always only think about food" I said.

"Sorry if I want to survive. Who else is with me?" He asked.

"I'll come with you man" Michael said standing up. "I have been dying to use one of my bulk order coupons. Guess this is the day"

"I'll come too. Michael can't drive." Ashlyn said crossing her arms over her chest. "Kurt?"