Eh

Up and down went the unicorn's head, bobbing as it went around the track. Charlie sat in the middle of the track watching Stanley go around in circles. It was late in the morning. Charlie had eaten breakfast with her Dad only a bit before she decided she would go up to her room to play with her toys. When she asked if she could go play, her Dad only nodded, indicating that he was fine with that decision. So now she was in her room, reaching for Theodore, the purple bunny that her Dad, along with Stanley, made for her.
She pushed the button on the bottom to start it up and set it down on the floor. It took a second for it to run, but then it moved. You could her the mechanics in it hum as it waved his arm at her and cocked his head to the side. She then heard her Father's voice emit from some where in the rabbit.
"I love you Charlie," the rabbit said. It was nice to hear her Dads voice. His voice was comforting and soft. With just hearing it she could feel her fathers arms around her, snuggling her tightly into his flannel shirt. She didn't hear his voice very often, not since everything happened. Charlie hugged the rabbit and closed her eyes.
"I love you too Daddy," she said quietly. She started to think about her Dad, the toys, and the past year, which made her open her eyes and ponder aloud.
"Why are you always so busy? Why can't you play with me?"
Charlie looked around her room. The walls were painted pink, and there were flowers on the curtains and comforter. Her room was full of other toys beside Stanley and Theodore. Barbies littered a corner of the room, while there were teddy bears strewn across the floor. In the wall in front of her there was a tiny closet where Ella was, waiting to be called for a tea party. It was any little girls dream, and it really was all wonderful, but it wasn't what she wanted.
She didn't want there to be more of her Dad creations, his " little things of life" as he called them. She didn't want him to just give her things and expect it to be the same as being with her. She just wanted things to go back to where she had a family.
To where her Mom and brother were still with her, and to where her Dad didn't seem so unhappy, and to where he could play with her.
"What happened?" she said sadly. She put her head down.
There was a banging at the door, loud and furious. Charlie jerked her head up from surprise. Out of scared curiosity she ran downstairs to see what was going to happen. She ran into the kitchen where her Dad was standing. He was still holding a plate with a scared expression on his face.
Then she heard the voice from outside the door.