Once Upon A Time

After transferring to a new all girls college Yeojin didn't keep in touch with her friends anymore. Usually she was known as the loud energetic girl but she had to get used to the new setting. The girl knew nothing about this school to be honest. She didn't know the teachers, students, it's history, and had barely just learned about clubs. She thought she'd be better off with blending into the calm vibe. The calm vibe all but one girl seemed to have.

Choi Yerim. If you have her in a class you'll know she'll be trying to make everyone laugh. Not in the try hard way she just wanted everyone happy. Naturally this made her the popular girl at school. Even her appearance was a stark contrast to everyone else's. You'd be able to spot her in a crowd easily. Always the brightest smile, loud, and most likely laughing at something that wasn't all that funny. Especially back when she used to have purple hair. Strangely she called herself nicknames like "Choi Sunshine" or even "Choerry" but they never really stuck.

Yeojin finally decided to start making friends. What better way than join after school activities. Thanks to her roommate Gowon she joined the new drama club that'd be preparing a Romeo and Juliet play. She had seen many students write their names for a raffle in the class. When she asked the first girl she saw she said "To know which part you're getting." So Yeojin of course put her name in the raffle. She didn't know much about plays but hoped to get something having to do with costumes or stage production. She was good at making things and wasn't all that bad at crafting and painting. Though if she got an acting part she wouldn't mind it much either. A tree maybe or an extra she'd be happy with either one. She laughed at the thought of being a tree she'd have to be the smallest one considering her height.

"Alright girls get seated." The teacher shouts out to her loud students. She repeats it a few times before all the girls are in their seats. Yeojin had already been in her seat since she didn't have anyone to talk to. She'd engage in small talk with a few girls but overall was the quiet kid. The girl sat by the window often getting distracted by the sky or random people who would walk down the streets.

"I'm sure you're all excited to hear your parts. So am I! Shall we get to it?"

The girls all nod with a few sounds of exited agreements. Meanwhile Yeojin stayed looking out the window. She spotted a older woman running with her dog. Soon she found herself counting every person she saw with a pet. She was so into it she hadn't been paying attention.

"And for the last two roles..." Was all she heard then a few seconds later hearing her name. "Yeojin? Are you listening?"

"W-What sorry?!" She said a bit panicked after noticing all eyes were on her.

"You're gonna be playing Romeo!"

"Wait what? How?"

The girls laugh. They'd been waiting to hear the small girls reaction after seeing she hadn't been paying attention. It'd make much more sense if she played Juliet but Romeo it was. For a second Yeojin believed she was dreaming so much to the point she pinched herself under the desk. Sadly feeling the sharp pain. It wasn't a dream.

"I'm guessing you didn't hear who Juliet would be played by."

"No... Sorry could you please repeat it Ms. Jo?"

"Pay attention next time Yeojin. Juliet will be played by your classmate Choi Yerim."

Yeojin looks around for a few seconds trying to spot Yerim. An easy one to find thanks to her hand moving around to wave. Waving so fast it was just a blur while she giggled.

"Wouldn't it make more sense if Yerim played Romeo. I mean she's taller and everything."

"Sorry but your name was the one I pulled out of the bag. You will be playing Romeo. Don't worry you'll be great!"