01

"Yes, he is the son of Dr. Segarra," Abi started explaining. "He inherited this position in the hospital, he will be with you assessing those cases, "

Elozia let out a heavy sigh, thinking if the young man could handle the cases she would be giving. A moment after she stood up straight, showing poise before giving a smile.

"Elozia Grace Del moral," she said slowly while walking towards them. "And you are?"

"Secret," he said jokingly, which made elozia frown. He cleared his throat before talking again. "Anthony Vino Segarra, Just call me Vino,"

Elozia didn't really like the presence of Vino, she looked at him from head-to-toe. Wearing a long white coat with an imprint of his name marked as an M.D and a pair of black slacks, Cartier watch on his left wrist. A bronze stethoscope around his neck.

"Nice meeting you, Doctor Segarra," Elozia raise a brow, still scanning him. "I'll be sending you some files about the case,"

Vino just nodded, tried not to utter any word that would make his sound stupid.

"You guys looks so cute together," Abi tried to break the tension of elozia's glare.

"Let's go to your office?" Vino asked.

"To your office" She correct him.

Vino's eyes widen when he heard that she insist to be in his office. He cleared his throat before he started talking. "M-my office?"

"Is there a problem with that Vino?" Elozia asked informally. Vino chocked when he heard elozia state his name.

"Chill, I'm still a virgin," he whispered. Elozia furrowed from his rubbish mindset, she rolled her eyes before getting her bag on the top of the coffee table.

"You kids should go, I still have a lot of things to do," Abi pushed Elozia and Vino out of the room, as she closed the door gently.

Vino started walking a head of her, worried. When they reached at the middle of the hallway he looked for his door keys inside the pockets of his coat, trembling.

"Hey," she tapped on his shoulder that made him startled a bit. "What's wrong? Just open the door so we could get inside,"

Vino stood straight, clearing his throat. "Miss Del moral, I believe that it's too early for us to do those things,"

Elozia furrowed in confusion, thinking what Vino meant.

"I mean, we're not a couple.. yet, so we should not think about those mating stuff"

"Stop those nonsense, Vino, we have a very special case to talk about," Elozia took the keys off his hand and immediately opened the door.

Their eyes widen when they saw how messy the office was. Piles of books were on his desk, papers were rambling all over the floor. Elozia shook her head slowly in disappointment, thinking that she could not work at this type of place.

"I think we should go somewhere else," He suggested.

"To my office then," she pursed her lips before turning around. Vino blushed from embarrassment.

Silence engulfed the hallway making their way to the elevator. Elozia walked elegantly while walking on her high heels clattering on the cold tiles. Her long hair was tied up into a pony tail, swaying as she walks.

Vino was astonished by her outfit, simple white shirt and a beige blazer on top of it with a matching beige slacks. Her heels were charcoal black.

"You're a detective but you dress up like lawyers," Vino spoke, disrupting the silence forming at their atmosphere.

"I studied at law school. I got used to these type of outfits, what do you expect?" Elozia answered not even dare to look at him. Vino just nodded and tried to build up questions in his head.

"What are the degrees to become a detective?" He asked.

"Criminal law, Criminology, human relations, judicial function, forensic science, and criminal procedures," Elozia answered, still not looking back at him.

"Those courses sound so bloody, the only bloody thing we did in internship is surgery rotation," He tried to lift the topic.

"No one asked," Elozia scoffed.

Vino didn't bother to start talking again, he just continued walking while elozia is ahead of him. When they reached the elevator a phone rang from her hand bag. She took the phone out of her bag, officer koa is calling.

"Hello?" Elozia answered the call. "What about the case?"

Vino looked at her, his brows met when he saw elozia's eyes widen from hearing a news from the call.

"I'll be there in 30 minutes. The son of Doctor Segarra will be with me,"

~K