Introduction

Good morning! My name is Ly, and I present to you:

The Makings of a Prince

A Changlix spinoff and prequel to one of my favorite works ("Almost Killing The Prince," a Minsung) but is 1/4 shorter and more of a coming of age/character study on the other other prince, Lee Yongbok.

Written by ya boi: @Toastter_Treatts (Aka Poptarts)

Edited by: @burntt._.toastt (on Instagram. Y'all should check her out on there, she edits all my stories that don't have Smut in them LMAO)

Anyway:

How I portray characters in this story are different from reality, same goes with situations and personalities. Of course, this is a work of fiction, scenarios aren't real and are only a creation from my imagination, without the purpose of violating images of artists.

S t o r y D e t a i l s :

Being the king's only heir proved almost impossible to Yongbok. All the responsibility, expectations, power weighed him down, not to mention all the mindless teachings he possibly couldn't grasp. 

What made a king? What made a prince? What made a friend?

Even he didn't know. Though, maybe, a narrow-eyed farmer could help him grasp fleeting concepts even the scholars couldn't help him understand.

Historical Setting around 500-600 CE, Goguryeo, Baekje, and Silla; 7 YEARS BEFORE THE EVENTS OF ALMOST KILLING THE PRINCE.

Days I update: Tuesdays

Disclaimer! I apologize for any historical errors I have made in this story, I have tried my best to research as much as I could, however, only limited to Google and K-Dramas, I can't get far with Korea's history or medieval Korean practices.

N o t e s :

-If there are any grammar mistakes, lend a helping hand and kindly point them out! <3

-Light drama

-Other mentioned k-pop idols

-No mention of Minsung :(( since this is a prequel, Except for the Prologue + the epilogue, sorry y'all :((

-NO Smut

-Mostly fluff and adventure and action

-Comments are appreciated as they give me joy, I encourage y'all to not be a silent reader, I wanna hear your voice! <3

Much Love

Ly <3