Y/n? | chapter .1

I take a deep breath before taking my phone out of my pocket to check the time. '6:17 pm' well it's not that late and either way I would still be up if I was back in America since it's only 1:17 am there. I slide my phone back in my pocket and take another deep breathe before stepping forward onto the steps and open the doors to the Karasuno gym. "Hey y'all..." I awkwardly say bringing all the attention to me. "Jesus fucking Christ y'all are tall how am I supposed to find Shoyo-" I say deadpanning staring at all of the boys who probably want to know who the fuck I am and why I just walked into the gym late at night during their practice.

"Y/n?" Someone says and I quickly identify him as the one and only Hinata Shoyo from his iconic orange hair. "You know it the one and only!" I respond while he runs up and tackles me to the ground in a hug. "Ok ok can't breathe." I manage to slip out. "When did you get back?" He says standing up reaching a hand out to help me. "Eh like an hour ago." "Hinata who is that? Is that your girrrrrrrlfriennnnnnd?" One of the boys who has a blond strip of hair speaks up.

"I- no we're basically cousins." I respond "Not by blood! I've known Y/n since I was a kid!" "Ugh since none of y'all are asking Imma just introduce myself. I'm L/n Y/n and I'm Shoyo's childhood best friend nice to meet ya!" The rest of the team greets me and introduces themselves. "Man I wish I had a cool talent like volleyball..." I say rubbing the back of my neck "Don't you play though?" Shoyo speaks up. "Yea but I was never really that good at it. Plus mom forced me since I just stayed home and watched anime 24/7 she wanted me to have a life or sum shit, I quit though."

"Oh uh ok... wait don't you also mmm!" I cut Shoyo off by slapping my hand over his mouth. "One more word and you're dead Hinata Shoyo." He quickly gulps and changes the subject. "Moving on how are your mom and dad? Are they here too?" "Uh kinda a subject for another time." "Pleaseee Y/nnnnnnn!" "Ugh fine the motherfuckers are dead, dead as hell, ain't got no shoes on in they casket." Every stares at me like I'm crazy or something and sits in silence. "What?" "Y/n... how can you talk about your deceased parents like that?" The one name Yamaguchi speaks up.

"I never liked them. That's on having mommy and daddy issues." "Uh..." "Alright well I should get some sleep cause ya know jet lags a bitch so if you need me I'll be asleep on the bench until practice is over." The coach tells everyone they can start packing up and heading home before I can even reach the bench. "Ok Y/n let's go." "Bet your bitch is tired." I say grabbing my bag and following Shoyo. "Welp see you guys tomorrow!" I say waving off to the rest of the team as we leave.

Time skip to the next day

"Y/n wake up it's time for school!" Shoyo says shaking me awake. "Ah!" I exclaim falling out of the bed onto my ass. "Ow" "Sorry Y/n!" He says leaving my room to change for school. I quickly grab my uniform out of my closet and go to brush my teeth. I head downstairs to see Shoyo standing at the door waiting for me. "Hey Shoyo whats for breakfa-" I get cut off when he grabs my hand and we start running to school. Man and I was hungry too, I didn't even pack lunch.

When we arrive at school I go to the principals office to get my schedule then head off the my class. I open the door and the attention is all on me again since I was a little late. "Ah you must be Ms. L/n" the teacher speaks up. "Uhm yea that's me." "Well why don't you introduce yourself." She says while i walk up to the front of the class. "Uh I'm L/n Y/n, I'm 16 and I'm a second year duh oh yea and I'm a transfer student from America." "Great, you can go sit next to Nishinoya. Nishinoya please rais your ha-" "Oh nah it's ok I know what he looks like!" I say cutting the teacher off while heading to my seat

After class

'Man I'm hungry' i thought gripping my stomach while exiting the classroom. I was debating if I should stay and wait for Noya or go find Shoyo but I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to be met with a beautiful face, her hair was a deep blue and she had a beauty mark near her mouth. "You're Y/n right?" She spoke up. "Oh uh yea that's me. Sorry but do I know you? I don't think you were in my class haha." "I'm a third year and the volleyball club's manager Shimizu Kiyoko but you can call me Kiyoko." "Oh I apologize Kiyoko!"