Chapter 18

Xiao Zhan's POV 

Haoxuan stood straight up and gave me a short yet deep bow, "thank you very much for your hard work, Zhan."

"You're welcome, please take good care of it, okay?" I smiled softly at him while he looked like a dazzling shiny star.

"I promise, I'll return with a small gift for you next time," Haoxuan moved to walk out of my bedroom before I spoke up again, "but I just told you no rewards is needed."

"I know, but the lover of my best friend deserves a special reward," Haoxuan gave me a small wink while my cheeks became hot, luckily for me he left the room before noticing my tomato red cheeks.

And here I am left alone in my room with flaming cheeks, but still, in the end, I find myself giggling idiotically at his words before muttering, "stubborn as always . . ."

***

The next day, both Yibo and I received a big surprise in the kitchen, "Haoxuan, you're really crazy, aren't you?" I gaped at the kitchen and then back at Haoxuan, not forgetting to glance sideways to Yibo.

"It's like we're running a bake sale today," I muffled a small laugh behind my hand of Yibo's reaction.

"Trust me, it wasn't intentional," the giggle left my mouth while I responded to Haoxuan.

"So you call bringing ten whole cakes home 'unintentional'?" Haoxuan rubbed the back of his head with a sheepish grin and he looked like a kid who got mocked for something.

"I just wanted to celebrate, but I don't know your favourite flavour . . ." I looked sideways at Yibo who was hiding a smile behind his hand hearing Haoxuan's stupid words, he simply could have asked me instead of buying so many cakes!

"So you decided to buy the entire cake shelf?" I sighed while looking at Haoxuan, it was sweet, and so thus I couldn't really get mad on him because of such a small matter.

"Not entirely, they had twenty cakes on the display . . ." My eyes widened at Haoxuan's word, praying he didn't buy the other ten.

"Thank God you didn't get the other ten," and just like that Yibo poured my thoughts, we really had a think alike bond.

" . . . I was thinking about it, actually . . ." I shook my head, rubbing my forehead while listening to Haocuan's statement before answering him, "you are really crazy, Haoxuan."

"Well, I just wanted to surprise you with something . . . But I wasn't sure what, but then a small voice in my head said, 'let's celebrate it with cake'!" I sighed while looking at Yibo who spoke up again.

"So that's why you decided to get ten different flavours . . . ? I again sighed to myself, I'm going to kill Lily later for getting this idea into Haoxuan's head, now I should first deal with this huge mess, created by a not so sane grim reaper.

 "Although I already told you not to spend your money recklessly," I shot Haoxuan a glare before continuing, "I'm still touched you got this for me, thank you so much," Haoxuan smiled happily as I took a big bite from a chocolate cake.

"Grab a plate, guys! We'll eating cake for a week!" I once again took a bite of the so delicious chocolate cake that tasted like clouds on my tongue.

"Even birthdays aren't celebrated with this much cake . . ." Yibo also took a slice of chocolate cake while shaking his head.

"Well, I also wanted to celebrate an exciting announcement," Yibo and I looked ta each other for a second before focusing on Haoxuan again.

"I'm officially going to move in here!"

"Eh? Really . . . ?" I was shocked at his statement and looking at Yibo he was just the same.

"Wait a minute . . . When did I agree to this?" I smiled at Yibo's statement.

"Ehehe, I was kinda hoping you'd agree to it now . . ." I kept my hand in front of my mouth to keep back a stifled laugh.

"Do you think my home is a hotel or something!" Yibo frustratedly ruffled through his hair, and he looked somewhat handso- I shook the thought immediately away. 

"Aww . . . Come on, I always come and go here, anyway, won't make such a difference! Hey, back me up here Zhan!" He looked at me while I started to rub my nape awkwardly. 

"Haha, as much as I would love to, Yibo is still my boss so . . ."

"Think about it! We can be a little happy family! Haoxuan clung onto Yibo now, begging profusely.

"Alright already! You can stay, but the rent won't be cheap!" Yibo sighed and this time I let a laugh escape my mouth, they were so cute bickering. 

"That's fine with me!" And just like that, we have another resident in this penthouse, I smiled at Yibo and Haoxuan's constant bantering, I guess the house will be less quiet now . . .

***

The weekend started with house chores like always but seeing the sun out among the cloud puts me into a good mood, "what a beautiful day today," I turned on the radio to fill the quiet house with some music, my body sways slowly upbeat jazz.

The broom in my hands became my partner as I twirl around the living room, I find myself grinning wide when the song ends, gosh! I hope nobody saw me, I turned around to see a figure leaning against the wall.

"Having fun?" Darn it! Me and my big mouth! 

"H-How long have you been standing there?"

"Could be a few seconds . . . Or a few minutes, who knows?" Yibo shrugged with a playful grin, I just wanted the ground to swallow me whole, but I still tried to act normally and hide my blush.

"Don't stop on my account, I enjoyed the show," Yibo flashed me a grin while I pouted.

"NO! You just want to make fun of me more! HMPF!" I turned sideways from him, trying to hide my blushing face.

"Haha~ But I'm serious, I like watching you have fun," I peered at him suspiciously to see if he's bluffing, but this new cheerful smile convinces me that he meant what he said.

"I'm sure you just enjoyed how horrible I was dancing," Yibo chuckled, standing closer to me.

"Then do you mind if I teach you some steps . . . ?" I stared at Yibo.

"Eh? You know how to dance?" He smiled at my question.

"It's one of the many things you pick up when you go to ballroom parties too often than not, so may I have this dance, Zhan?" Yibo did gentlemanly bow, offering his hand to me, my pulse started to quicken at his dashing smile . . . 

Word count: 1128 words