Trust

Misguided Ghosts will probably be the best for the chapter but still listen to the others :)

Also Sweater Weather but it won't let me put a link :(

◇◇◇

Chapter 14

Katniss's POV

"Miss Everdeen? We will need to ask you some questions, if that's okay."

I nod. 

I don't want to answer their questions. But I guess I'm going to have to. 

I miss the first question. My mind keeps wondering to what Peeta said. 

I don't blame you... I must have loved you.

He is coming back. Slowly, maybe, but he's coming back. Good. I've missed my friend.

"Katniss?" One of them says, snapping me back to reality. "You will need to listen to the questions."

I nod again, "Okay. Yeah, I... yeah."

"So can you tell us exactly what he did?"

◇◇◇

Having to recount the events of yesterday just sets me off crying again. I feel so stupid, so vulnerable. And I still can't shake the feeling of his hands, the feeling of being dirty. But I scrubbed my arms red and raw in the shower, so I don't know what it is that makes me feel like that.

When they have finished with the questions, they say I can go and they will report it and try to get a case against Gale. Haymitch tells me to go rest since I've had no sleep.

So for once, I do. I lock my door. I lay on my bed in my compartment. I stare at the grey walls until sleep takes a hold of me.

◇◇◇

I finally wake. The room is strangely dark. Maybe there was a power cut. No point leaving here then.

That's when I see and hear the door rattling. Someone is trying to get in. There is also a strange ringing in my ears. I try to move, to get up to escape; but I can't. I feel like I'm stuck down on my bed. Maybe I'm dead. Is this what it's like to be dead? My eyes can move though. I can close them. But I almost don't want to.

The lock breaks on the door. I start to feel a weight on my chest. It gets heavier and heavier, making it harder and harder to breathe. A shadow slowly pushes the door open. It is tall and expressionless.

Adrenaline rapidly begins to flow through my veins and I am in a state of complete panic. I try to move, to scream, but I can't.

The shadow stands over me, staring. I want to fight, or to scream. 

For a few minutes I can feel the thing watching me, the pressure on my chest not leaving.

Finally, it fades away. The ringing is gone, so is the shadow and the thing stopping me breathe. When I open my eyes the door is still locked. I can move again.

I stare down at myself. Am I really just going insane?

◇◇◇

The thing that happened when I woke up isn't the only thing that bothers me. There's another thing, nagging at the back of my head.