4

I was thankful for that. I didn't want to be locked down here too, but I still wanted to be there for Kat. I looked over at her and saw her worried eyes. She gave me a quick nod and with that I stood up and followed Colby.

"Go to your room. Now." Colby said not even looking at me.

"Y-yes sir." I say start walking away.

"Next time I won't be as easy on you." I can hear the sadness in his own voice.

Just then I knew this wasn't because he always wanted to live this life. Because someone hurt him and influenced him to do it. I could feel his emotions. I wanted to help him as much as I could.

"I'm sorry." I say turning towards him.

"For what?" He seemed confused.

"For what happened to you." I move closer to him.

"What?"

"For the thing that happened that made you feel that you need to take people like this."

I watched as his face fell. I made him feel something other than anger and dominance.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask sympathetically.

"Why would I talk to you about it." He sharply asked.

"Because I know how you feel. Here let's sit down." We both sit on the couch and I take a deep breath.

"I haven't told anyone about this. Not even my closest friends." I try to hold back tears.

"If you don't want to say it you don't have to." Colby says grabbing my arm.

"No, I want to. I've held it in for too long." I take another deep breath.

"Okay, when I was twelve my mom and I went out to dinner. When we were about to leave a man grabbed her and I ran after him. He went down a dark alley and I watched as he threw my mom on the ground. He told her not to scream for help or make any noise. When he saw that I was watching he raise his gun at her. I watched as he shot her. My mom was gone. If I won't have followed them and went and got help she might still be here today." I start to cry. I then become conscious of the fact that that is a rule that shouldn't be broken.

"I had no idea. I'm so sorry Sam." Colby wipes away the tears.

"I could have saved her." I say crying into my hands.

I feel him pull me closer to him. Next thing I know I'm crying into his chest.

"When I was nine my mom was taken." Colby starts talking and I look up at him.

"She was taken and my father and I had no idea where she went. We filed a missing persons case and waited for answers from anyone. One day my dad and I were sitting in the living room when the phone started ringing. I remember jumping up as fast as I could to answer it. "We have found Joana Brock." I was so happy. "But she was not alive by the time we made it to her. Her kidnapper has been arrested and is going to be jailed for life." When I heard those words it killed me. I cried for days after that. She was my only support. The only person who understood what I was going through. After her death my grades fell. My dad and I started fighting more and more. I started doing drugs whenever I could. I wanted people to feel how I did. So I bought this house. For a while it was just me here. Then I kidnapped Devyn. Then Jake. Then Corey. Then Kat and Tara. And now you." Colby starts crying too.

"I'm so sorry. But you don't have to keep doing this. You don't have to do this anymore. No more taking people." I say hoping he will not do it anymore.

"You just need a friend to help you through this. Okay?" I wanted him to agree with me.

"Thanks Sam. Your right I should be nicer to you guys." He looks at me and I see the hope in his eyes. The hope to mend his relationship with all of us.

"What about Kat. She's down there cold and hungry." I say worried.

"Go get her and make her some tea. We are all going to enjoy tonight together." He smiles at me.

"That sounds nice." I say smiling back.

I get up and run down to Kat.

"Sam what are you doing? You're going to get hurt." She looks half dead.

"Colby agreed to treat us better. No more locking us down here or telling us not to cry. We still have to stay here though." I say helping her up.

"But how? How did he say yes to it?" Kat seemed surprised.

"I convinced him." Sam thank you so much.

She grabs me and pulls me into a hug.

"You're our savior."

"Come on you have to be cold and hungry." I say moving her towards the stairs.

A/n:

Hey guys, Thank you so much for reading this. I hope you guys like it! If there is something that you would like to see happen in this book pls comment! I would love to include some of your guys ideas. I really love writing this book and seeing your guy's comments about it. Thank you for all the love and support!