2. Fangs and wands

I wake up with a slight headache. This is not unusual, I've been having slight headaches for some time now. The light flooding through the window doesn't help any.

    I groan and curse lighly as I push myself up. There is something different about my bed today, but who cares though.  And then I realise, this isn't my room. The window, everything is wrong.

   The window faces the wrong direction and the furniture is definitely not mine. One of my 'friends' must have taken me to their home last night. I remember my dream, it was really scary and I'd prefer not to sleep at all if sleeping would entail that.

    I get up from the bed and walk over to the window. It overlooks the forest. But none of my friends live near the woods. We all live in the middle of the city. Something is definitely wrong. I should get out of here, I should probably go home.

    I turn around to head for the door and stop for there is a woman who looks about thirty-something standing at the door. She is beautiful and a smile graces her lips as she offers me a mug.

    "Coffee?"

    I don't know if I should accept accept it, but why shouldn't I. I'm being too cautious and wary for no reason, this isn't me.

    "Thanks." I walk over to her and accept the mug, then take a tentative sip.

    "Do you uh... This is so embarrassing but do you know how I got here. I don't even know where here is to be honest." I cushion my embarrassment with a small laugh which she returns with a small smile of her own.

   "Trust me when I say I understand. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to tell you just yet but I can assure you that all your questions will be answered in due time." She seems nervous as she ushers me back to the bed and sits in the armchair by it.

    "I'm Emilie. The host/ councilor/ therapist/ teacher/ mother of this whole institution."

   "Institution?"

    "It's more like a school really, but nothing like any school You've ever known."

    "And you're the head of it?" She doesn't look like she can head a school. She is polished and speaks maturedly and all but to head a school... How the hell did I end up in a school.  

   "No. More like the deputy of it. Sir Harold is the head. He founded it centuries ago."

   I don't get it, if this Harold founded it centuries ago that means he's now dead, and she's now the head. It feels like we're going in circles here. I don't think I want to be mixed up with this school business.

   "Thank you for the coffee." I put the mug down and start retreating towards the door. "It was so nice meeting you but now I have to." I open the door he ll and Emilie still doesn't stop me, good. "I'll find my own way h... Oomph."

    I'm forced to halt as I bump into nothing but air. I hit the doorway with my fists and shoulders and still I can't get through. Must be a secret glass door. I hit harder with all my might and a force throws me back, flying in the air and landing on the floor painfully.

   With my pride hurt, I get up and storm towards Emilie. "Who are you?" I ask with my voice filled with rage.

   "I think what you mean to ask is 'what are you?' I'm a witch. One of the first of my kind. I've made a barrier on the door both to keep you in and him out." She raised her hand towards the door and bluish waves become visible on the door before they go invisible again. They are fun to watch. If I didn't have an ego bigger than my own head I'd have asked her to repeat it.