Prologue

White walls

White walls.

White rods of the - Oh would you look at that! - yet again, white cots.

White drapes.

And amongst all this pale chalkiness, lingered a strange yet somewhat normal concoction of antiseptic and bleach. Oh! not to forget the faint wafts of metallic blood and a little vomit. And while everyone would hate coming to such a place, she loved being there every second as it had become her second home, where she got to extend her family not by blood but by warmth, love, care and friendship.

"Nurse, Please give Mr Verma his lunch along with the prescribed medicines for today. . .Oh, and please be very gentle with him." Her eyes softened as she checked Mr Verma's reports.

Smiling in affirmation, the nurse left the room thinking how wonderful of a person the young cardiologist was.

Just as she was about to pick up the next file, a figure burst into her room, panting heavily as he paused to catch hold of his breath. She swiftly turned to take in his persona as the tips of her mouth curled in amusement.

"Pray! How may I help you, sir?" Her curious eyes searched his face for an answer before meeting his orbs.

"Oh, dear doctor, I really need some help! I don't feel right at all," His usual husky voice paled with a lining of distress, and anyone would believe his world-class acting...anyone but her.

Her doe eyes motioned him to continue,

"Well, for starters, my heart goes completely berserk, almost running like Usain Bolt, when I meet a certain someone in this very place. My palms just can't seem to stop perspiring, my throat constricts, and the biggest extremity is my hallucinations. I swear to God, this is a serious issue and I have a feeling I know what the diagnosis is but you're the expert here, doc." The devilishly handsome man in front of her rambled with dread and frustration, but as she peeled away all his layers, she could see the underlying mischief of his eyes.

Keeping up with the play, she asked him, "Your case seems to be quite a complex one, Oh wise one, please educate me on your diagnosis," Her tone softened with his every step, while her heartbeat quickened as he drew closer.

Time slowed as every passing second felt like a minute and every minute felt like an hour.

Both lost in their own little world, without a care for the pagers beeping and the nurses and specialists rushing around.

They even missed the fact that their best friends were just a few feet away outside her cabin, giggling and high-fiving at the success of their plan.

As his hand drew closer to tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear, her breath hitched, and her cheeks reddened, betraying her body's composure. Leaving her completely dumbstruck, his arms engulfed around her frame and as he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, he whispered at a decibel audible to her. . .

"My diagnosis? Love."

~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hi guys! 

This is my third story on Wattpad and I hope you enjoy this journey called 'Diagnosis? Love.'

Don't forget to comment and vote during this journey and be sure to let me know of your views :)

If you see any similar content in any other story please be aware that it is plainly coincidental as I did not intend to plagiarize.

Other writers may understand me when I say that I do not appreciate it if you copy this story. You may not realize how much it hurts to see your own work under someone else's name. If you do intend to write, lay your thoughts down, not others'. That's what is most important when it comes to writing. Okay...I'll stop blabbering 😅🙈. 

Bye!!!

P.S. I will try my very best to update regularly (Every Thursday perhaps). Under circumstances where I'm unable to do so, I will definitely let you know...Hopefully, that won't happen 🤞