fashion

in our third year in high school, i got really into fashion.

so i spent way too much money on different kinds of clothes, trying to find my favorite aesthetic/vibe. with kenma as my critic.

"what do you think of this top, loves?"

"mm. cute."

"ken, you didn't even look up. are you calling your game cute."

he looked up for a second, looking at my face with a blank expression.

"cute."

"I'M NOT EVEN HOLDING IT UP NOW, DUMBASS."

i threw the shirt at him and huffed over to my stack to pick up the next one.

anyway, ken didn't really show any interest in my hobby until i asked if he could model for me. he kind of just shrugged and let me change him into random clothes while he gamed, which was challenging, but i did it anyway.

"hands up now, ken."

his eyes stayed glued to the screen, turning away just to let the shirt pass over his face.

i eventually got really good at putting together outfits, and used ken's money to buy him better pieces that kind of matched with anything.

so now all of his outfits were impeccable, and got tons of compliments. to which he kind of just awkwardly smiled and thanked them, thinking he could never tell them his girlfriend bought him his clothes.

eventually, i actually got into wearing more stylish clothing, and even bought some of my own pieces (to her great joy). so even after kiyo stopped buying me clothes, i still looked 'fire in everything' as she said.

but of course, i'd always, and will always, prefer sweats and t-shirts.

i thought kiyo looked absolutely perfect in everything. whether it was sweats and my hoodie as she frantically studied for finals, or a flowy sundress when we went on dates, or a knee length dress for performances, or simply just her school uniform.

(i don't have a kink for that, i'm just making a point.)

anyway. i didn't really care what clothes she decided to wear, since she looked pretty to me in anything.

but as she grew older and had to wear more formal clothes more and more, i missed seeing her in her casual clothing. i'd never tell her that, though.