four

It was bright an early in the day where Lorena and her teacher were in the study room, practicing her 5th language, Portuguese. 

Her teacher groaned, putting a tired hand to her face and dragging it down slowly. "It's, como você está? Not como estas!" 

Lorena huffed as the breath escaped her nostrils in frustration. She picked up the tea cup in front of them and began walking around the small circular table. "But I thought Portuguese is like Spanish? You told me this would be easy!" 

She sipped on her tea, moving her fingers along the sides of the warm cup. "Yes, it is LIKE Spanish. But it isn't Spanish. There are key differences," her teacher said, trying to explain to her student. 

There was a loud bang coming from the hallway along with the sound of plates dropping onto the floor. This startled the two women, jolting them up and over to the hallway. Lorena peaked her head out, witnessing a blonde haired man bending down and picking up after the mess he had made. 

Princess Sofia scurried out of one of the other rooms, her face as angry as ever. "Are you serious? First day on the job? You have got to be kidding me!" She walked over to the man, putting her hands on her hips and waiting for him to reveal himself and apologize. 

The man turned his head in the direction of Sofia, widening his eyes and putting his arms outwards in surrender. "Your highness- Princess Sofia, I am so sorry." 

Lorena's eyes opened as wide as his, shocked at who was standing there in front of her. "Ross!" She cheered, running down the hallway with her heels clanking against each other. 

Ross' mouth peered up into a small smile at the sight of Lorena, but it quickly disappeared when his eyes met Sofia's again. He bowed suddenly, making Sofia roll her eyes. "Oh stop that, Lorena changed the rules around here. You don't have to bow to us, young man." 

He nodded his head hesitantly, trying to dart his eyes back over to Lorena. She was standing next to her mother now, smiling up at Ross. Lorena bent down to help him pick up after the mess, receiving a scolding look from her mom. "You work here now?" Lorena asked, batting her eyelashes in shock. 

"Yes, I hope that's okay. Benji told me there was an opening," He responded in a low voice, trying to avoid any more trouble from Sofia. "I'd figure I should give it a try."

Lorena grinned at the blonde haired boy, "Of course." 

They put the plates back into the cart. Lorena smoothed out her pants, making sure there weren't any wrinkles that would mess up her appearance in front of him. "Maybe I could show you around the castle? Since it's your first day, you know?" Lorena suggested, hoping he would say yes. 

Princess Sofia was watching this entire exchange. Her eyes didn't avert away from them and she knew there was something else going on here. She put her hand in front of Lorena, stopping her by her stomach. "Not so fast. Since it's his first day and he is already messing up, perhaps I should give him the tour of the castle. That'll bend him into shape. Besides, you two clearly know one another. I can't have you both flirting behind our backs." 

Lorena and Ross shifted their attention onto Sofia. They both felt a little awkward but Ross was trying his hardest to keep his composure and facial expressions in check. "Mom, I can show him around. It's okay," Lorena assured, removing her mother's hand from in front of her.

"Don't you dare, Lorena. Go back to your classes, your teacher awaits," Sofia demanded, gesturing her hand over to Lorena's teacher who was patiently waiting for her return. 

The younger princess sucked her teeth. "Alright, mother I'll go back to class. I'll see you later, Ross," she said through her teeth before flashing a cheeky smile at Ross.