2042// Echo Base :1

Authors Note:

Hi, this is a fanfiction of what The Last of Us part 3 would be like from my point of view. I tried to stay accurate with what we know about what happens in part 2 and part 1. 

I tried my best to do research on backgrounds, the factions, the cordyceps fungus (which isn't even realistic in the real tlou) and how vaccines work. I tried to keep Ellie and Dina's character arc realistic to the characters that naughty dog created.

Check out my Spotify playlist here: 

 https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7sbU23V6zK0wnMbRsZZ8hD

                                                                         Ellie Williams

The scent of earthy moss blanketed the open space here, it was the color of nauseating puke green. I slosh through the water, clumps of gathered soil bouncing back from the force of my body. I'm drenched in the smell of moss and musty stillwater. I feel elated.

I crawl up the back of the replica dinosaur, wanting to do a 180 of the place but not certain where I wanted to explore first. There were many huge displays of dinosaur bones surrounding me. They were carefully crafted a long time ago, preserved by gallons of resin used to protect the sculpted masterpieces from the outside elements. The shell was made of compacted foam and clay carved to perfection. Dinosaurs were one of my favorite things-the lifeblood of the history they held had boundless fascination. It was like they were here and slowly died off. Similar to what's happening to us.

I stand precariously, some of the dust from the replica chips away hurtling towards the ground. My fragile footing was nerve wracking, one mistake of falling in the wrong direction and I was done for. The water below me would break my fall but anywhere else could be sudden death. Impalement by a triceratops was probably one of the more cooler ways to die. It seemed that starvation, death by an infected or your next door neighbor was the popular choice.

There is a man down below with a joyous deep timber lined voice whose melody is texan and comforting. I can't see him clearly, it was as if my eyes had blinders over them.

"Be careful, Ellie." he scolds, the tone in his voice is a reprimand. Like a paternal figure or an older man that's trying to prevent me from making mistakes.

I don't hesitate and suck in a deep breath leaping off of safety. Pulling my legs towards my chest I fall towards the well of water underneath me like a bullseye. The gravity pulls my stomach, the adrenaline shooting through me. It's sweet pressure like a magnet with a toxic attraction to danger that brings me tumbling towards the watery grave below. The memory goes dark.

I don't know if i made it.

__________________________