Chapter Fourteen

My body immediately jolted away from him and I found myself basically sitting in the water from the tub. I was crouched down into a tiny position so that the water was overflowing past my knees and was slowly crawling up my stomach. My eyes began to get huge as I took the boy in front of me.

Obviously his name was Evan but he didn't look like the same person in my memory. In my memory, he had a small Mohawk that was tinged a teal color towards the tips of it. He had piercings in his nose, eyebrows, ears, and mouth in my memories. He was a dark person who wore dark clothes. Now, his hair looks like a fairly normal black color of hair. He doesn't have any piercings in his face but you could tell where they used to be. His clothing made him look like a regular boy with basketball shorts on, sliders and sock, with a plain colored shirt on. He was leaner than I remembered him and his eyes didn't seem as angry as they once were.

"Do you remember me?" he asked angelic. I nodded my head but didn't scream for help. He didn't seem like he was here to help me. Instead it looked like he was questioning on whether I remembered anything. "Do you remember what I did to you?"

I didn't answer before we both heard yelling from the down stairs. I looked at him but he didn't look back, instead he looked behind him. It was obviously Damien and Scott yelling at each other. When Evan looked back at me, he decided I'm not worth the answer and bolted from the bathroom.

I stayed in the bathroom until I heard the yelling stop. I didn't want to know what happened to Scott, Evan, or Damien because I wasn't sure that I wanted to know. Evan was good with weapons, Damien was good with his fists, and Scott was good at throwing and running. It could be anybody's game but with two against one, I could only fear the worst had happened to Scott.

I was right.

In the next instant, Evan came running back to me and he had a slight spot of blood on his arm. Upon closer inspection I noticed that it was a bite mark. Scott bit him. Was Scott okay though? I didn't have enough time to think about that before Evan reached towards me. Instantly, I swam to the far side of the tub away from him. His reaction surprised me.

He frowned.

"So you do remember?" he wondered. I didn't answer and more footsteps were coming up the stairs. Evan didn't seem to wonder though so I knew it was Damien who was still mobile.

What happened to Scott?

When Damien came in the room, I was surprised. He was more buff than I remembered him. Otherwise he stayed the same. The only thing that seemed wrong with him was that his eyebrow was bleeding. I knew then that Scott fought back good because that's where a piercing was. Scott ripped his eyebrow ring out.

"Haven't seen you in a long time, princess," Damien said. He stood up straight and it frightened me because he was about six feet tall. "You've caused a lot of trouble."

"Shut up, Damien," Evan snarled. Damien listened to him but he came closer to me. By the time Damien had grabbed me, it was too late for Evan to protest. "Don't touch her!" he tried.

Damien had both of his fists wrapped up in my shirt. It was choking me and the front side of me was getting all wet. I felt tears spring up in my eyes and Damien's lip curled up over his teeth. At any moment, my t-shirt was going to tear though because the seams were only a delicate fabric.

Next to him, Evan seemed helpless even though he didn't want me to be touched by Damien. I could tell now that Damien was always calling the shots. Evan was never in charge despite what I wanted to believe.

"Remember me, sweetheart?" he wondered. His face got close to mine and I couldn't help but breathe in his scent. His breath didn't smell good but I could tell that his body did. Finally he let go of my shirt and I fell down into the water. I instantly backed up into the corner of the tub though. Damien stepped back with a slimy smile on his face and then his eyes trailed my body up and down. I felt sick as I could envision what he was thinking of. He licked his lips and as soon as that happened, Evan stepped in.

"I don't think she remembers much," he said. Damien looked away from me and my body began to tremble. Damien nodded his head no and grabbed at me again. "Damien, she won't tell..."

"I don't believe you," he snarled. "You're the one who let her go!"

"On accident!"

"I don't believe you!" he yelled. He grabbed at my hair and in a minute, I was in his clutch. He held his arm around my neck and for the first time, I felt myself begin to get angry. "She was your girlfriend! I've never heard her yell during your sessions! And you always came in to watch when it was my turn! You wanted to make sure that I didn't hurt her too much." He tightened his arm around my neck and I felt myself breathe harder as my oxygen capacity was being compromised. "You were always a softy." He tightened his arm around me and I saw Evan hold in a scream. He glanced towards me once before I began to see black splotches. "Clean up the scenes. Tear down the drawing. Before the family gets home," he ordered. Evan seemed hesitant but did as he was told.

That left me and Damien alone.

***

"Evan's not here, today," he said. I nodded my head solemnly and continued to clean the bathroom. I wiped down at the sink and as soon as I was done, I looked up in the mirror. I had a black eye, some of my teeth were knocked out, my nose was broken, and scratched all over my body. I winced at my reflection but continued to clean the mirror. I was always much more nervous when I was doing my work and I was being watched. One wrong move and it would be my turn to be beaten. I was the only one left, after all. "He's searching for the two escapees." I didn't respond but I did hestitate for a minute.

I hope that they did escape. I didn't want them to be hurt because they wanted to be free. Although they would be slowed down if they were still working together to get out. The first girl was limping too much to get very far with the third girl. I knew the woods though because when I was pretending to be asleep, I watched as I was being dragged through it. I knew the way out.

But they left me to die.

As soon as I was done with the mirror, I ran the bath water. Not because I needed a bath or because Damien needed one, but I needed to clean the tub. I always felt it was more efficient if I filled it all the way up and put the powder that way. Although I'm not sure if my theory was right or wrong because I've never used it how I'm supposed to.

I bent down and over the tub before I scrubbed it as it began to fill the tub up. I heard Damien step closer to me and my whole body began to tense up. I looked back at me and Damien instantly punched my back.

"Continue to do your work!" he yelled. I winced at the punch but did as I was doing before. He stepped closer to me and from his shadow, I could see that he was standing right behind me. When his two hands grabbed my waist, I immediately squealed. "Shut up!" he yelled as he kicked me. He roughly shoved me forward and I face planted into the water. He began to claw at my neck and chest, but soon we both saw something in the water.

Red filling the water.

Blood filling the water.

At the realization that he didn't hurt me long enough for me to bleed, he came to the realization that I was on my period. I smirked and the he grumbled at me. I must've still been smirking because by the time he looked up, he smacked me across the cheek.

"I guess you'll stay a virgin for a week."

***

"She can't breathe!" Evan yelled. At once I felt air begin to come in my lungs again and rested my head in the water for a relaxing time. When I opened my eyes, I saw that Evan was holding down Damien but I knew that Evan was going to be hurt for it. "The family's coming home soon. They left a message on the answering machine."

They both looked back at me as they rushed away. I smiled because they let me live but frowned when I realized that I was losing too much blood for me to stay alive.