𝟎𝟎𝟓

"You passed the test."

Cere was waiting on the entry ramp of the Mantis as Cal and Meissa approached. The two shared a brief look before walking up a bit closer.

"So you knew about BD-1?" Cal asked.

"Come on board. We'll talk inside," Cere said, and with a smile, she made her way onto the ship. Cal followed her, and Meissa rolled her eyes before walking behind him.

"What is it with you Jedi and not just getting to the point?" she mumbled. Once they were all inside, the droid hopped down from Cal's shoulder and looked around, following behind Cal.

"Oh, BD-1, this is Greez," he said. "Hey, Greez."

"What is that?" Greez asked, pointing directly at the little droid.

"It's a droid, Greez. Lots of people have them. And the ones who don't wish they did," Meissa said, leaning against the wall with her arms folded over her chest. BD-1 beeped in appreciation as he hopped along the couch, and she gave him a small nod in return.

"Get off my sofa! Get... get off my sofa! Go, get outta here, get out!" Greez tried to shoo the little droid away, and he whirred and beeped as he jumped from the sofa and onto Meissa's shoulder.

"That is BD-1. He's with us," Cal said, motioning between him and Meissa.

"I don't care who he's with. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get oil stains out of potolli-weave fabric?" Greez's voice strained as he wiped down the surface BD-1 had walked along.

"Not really," Cal mumbled while Meissa snickered. He sat down on the steps leading to the bunks, and with the droid still on her shoulder, Meissa sat on the edge of the table near the couch.

"Quit laughing, Red! Oh, I hope you two found something better out there than this droid," Greez said.

"Oh, calm down, Greez. They did." Cere turned from Greez to Cal and Meissa. "Tell us, Cal."

"The Vault was built by an ancient civilization called the Zeffo. A Jedi named Eno Cordova hid something inside of it," he explained. Meissa nodded and let BD-1 jump down from her shoulder and join Cal's side on the steps.

"What did he hide inside?" Cere asked.

"A holocron from the Archives. It contains a list of Force-sensitive children."

"The next generation of Jedi. I knew it! Ah, Cordova, you old fool."

"You knew him?" Cal and Meissa asked in unison. They glanced at one another, but were quick to look away from each other and back to Cere.

"Yes! A long time ago, I was his apprentice," Cere said. "Cordova was a loner. That little droid and I are probably the only ones who know about Bogano."

"Hold on, wait a minute, wait a minute. A holo-what?" Greez asked, holding his four hands in the air to signal a pause.

"A holocron. It stores information but only accessible to Jedi."

"Of course it is," Meissa muttered, folding her arms over her chest.

"Hang on, I think I have one around here." Cere took off towards the back of the ship, and Meissa watched her go.

"Oh, so now we just have these things laying around? That's convenient," she said, watching as Cal and Greez stood to watch Cere grab something from a shelf near the back of the ship. She came back with a small cube and handed it to Cal, which he took cautiously.

"Use the Force," she said, stepping back from him. He held the cube in both hands, turning his back to the others, but Meissa stepped over a bit to get a better look. Cal closed his eyes for a brief moment, and a chill ran down her spine as the cube, a Holocron, opened before their eyes. It rose from his hand, splitting into pieces and revealing a hologram of someone inside, dressed in robes.