The Blade

Power, strength, resilience. You breathed in deeply as you approached the Great Temple, intimidated by its size and dark aura. The red Korriban sun cast burgundy shadows onto the ancient stone-carved Sith statues, making the image even more aerie than it already was. You could hear faint screams echoing across the halls as unfortunate Acolytes succumbed to vicious K'lor Slugs who sucked their entrails in seconds. This was it. This was your trial. This was your chance to finally prove yourself to master and to the stinking Jedi that you were worth a damn. You growled in anger at the memory. How dare they deny you?! Too eager to gain strength? Too quickly angered? All powerful mighty Jedi. Ha! You'd show them. Their egos would be their downfall!

You tightened your grip around the saber sword, gritting your teeth at its quality. Cheap replicated practice trash! It's like they wanted the Acolytes to fail! You scoffed. No matter. You'd use other means to reach your goal. The force was your ally... no, your subject to command and to use any way and shape you desired. You sneered and entered the temple confidently, heightening your senses and guarding against any upcoming attacks.

The slugs were easy---unintelligent dark side creatures, simple in their instinct to kill and to multiply. A few slashes across the abdomen landed fatal wounds. You smiled at the trail of blood and bodies you've created, feeling victorious at your complete dominance over lesser beings. The power was...addicting to say the least, but you knew you had to get stronger, and to do that you needed a proper weapon, the weapon of a Sith Warrior.

You closed your eyes, breathing through nostrils as you concentrated, feeling the force around you. The blade was close, it called to you, whispering your name, promising power. Frowning you followed your instincts coming close to a sealed tomb. Yes, the object of your desire was just behind these walls.

You touched the cold stone, wiping the layers of dust around it, finding ancient Sith writing engraved into it. Great. Where was the protocol droid when you needed it? This was definitely a seal that could only be opened with the force.

Failing to understand the hieroglyphic you decided to display your power to gain entry. However, the wall did not move or even budge as you pushed at it with all your force. After a long struggle, you growled in defeat and punched the stone, failing to register pain in your anger. There must be another way in! There has to be! You did NOT come all this way for nothing!

You crouched in front of the sealed door, scratching your head in thought. Think, think! Perhaps it was a blood offering? No, no. The right conditions haven't been met just yet. A display of power? No, nothing seemed to work and you've only exhausted yourself. You've already looked around the stone wall, trying to locate any hidden triggers, but found nothing.

You felt an incredible amount of anger and pure rage the longer you stared at the seal. You hated when things resisted you! You hated being challenged by lesser beings. It was a lousy wall! How could you be stopped by a lousy rock?! This was embarrassing, unacceptable! Your resolve couldn't be this weak to quit now! The wall had to submit or be destroyed!

You growled unable to contain it, your body seizing up into contorted shape as you let out an unfiltered threatening scream of rage, challenging the wall and whatever behind it to act. Your voice echoed across the entire chamber, bouncing off the surface until it penetrated the seal itself, making the writings glow red. Eyes wide in disbelief, you waited until you heard the roars of a beast all too familiar just behind your destination, coming closer and closer. You gripped your saber sword, biting your tongue in anticipation of a battle.

 You gripped your saber sword, biting your tongue in anticipation of a battle