A Lily. Chapter 6

The girl's had finished her chores and quickly headed out the door and to the village's little plaza where the knights had gathered. As the girls ran they noticed a big change in the plaza, long table's suited for big events were set up along with many chairs, barrels labeled booze were also set up near the tables, catering table's had also been set out, and torches were lit and set up near the table's. Aiel and Nel slowed down when they came to the plaza, everyone looked over to them, mostly the women, even though this was a village they took out their finest dresses in order to impress the knights, while Aiel and Nel only wore some mended dresses that weren't the best, trendy dresses. Some girls snickered. "I guess the newbies aren't something to compete against, much less be compared to us. Haha" one girl said, "Who let the rats alive? Haha" another girl said. The girls around the them started to laugh, Nel looked down in embarrassment and frustration, Aiel started at the girls and smirked. "I recall that fruit flies and normal flies are quite annoying, I wonder, which one are you?" Nel held in a laugh. The girls looked at Aiel and Nel in anger, "you dare say such thing? You little.." The girl was stopped by one of the older women walking by. "Such fowl thing coming from your mouth? Un-befitting for such young lady as you. Be dignified for god's sake." The lady glared at the girl, the girl hung her head petrified. Aiel looked at the corner of her eye, one of the knights were eyeing someone.
Who were they eyeing?
The older lady guided everyone to the catering table.
So much food!
Both girls picked food to satisfy their stomachs while also keeping in mind that others will also be eating. Aiel looked over at the other girls plates, some barely had any food, others filled their plates like there was no tomorrow. Both girls went to sit and ate. "Hey should we go dance after this?" "Aiel, we don't even know how to dance" Nel responded giggling, "You just put your arm around your partner and twirl, what's so hard about that?" "I- Nel just doing is different from seeing." Nel giggled some more. "Nellllll~~ Hurry up and finishhhh, so we can get a plate for Mrs asuka." Aiel whined. "Im done let's go." Nel quickly gathered their plates and napkins and put it to the side. Aiel and Nel started walking over to the catering table, midway some knight's called over to the girls "hey girlies! Ya best friends?" A knight said, " Maybe?" They both responded not knowing the meaning of best friends, but still wanting to give them a decent answer. Aiel began to walk again pulling Nel along, Aiel grabbed a plate and Nel filled it with food, not to the brim but enough food to stay full.
Nel went to the older women and the village chief and say thank you for tonight's celebration. The twins walked over to the knights and thanked them for coming, while thanking the knight's they noticed a peculiar knight, he had a moon crest badge. The rest of the knight's had a star badge. The man didn't even look over when the twins thanked them, the girl's soon changed their direction of interest to the other knight's who were rowdy and laughing. The girl's smiled and went on their way to Mrs. Asuka's house. The little trail was quiet, the sound of laughter, yelling, and cheering fading. "We have many things to ask Mrs. Asuka today don't we Nel?" Aiel had been giddy from the party. "Yes we do" Nel was smiling thinking how Mrs.Asuka would think of what the girl's first annual Knight party was and what happened. The girl's saw Mrs.Asuka waiting outside the house, both girl's hurried up to reach Mrs. Asuka. "I knew both of you girls would come right at this time." Mrs. Asuka smiled, "Mrs. Asuka!" Nel called out in worry. "What if we didn't come at this time? You'd most likely be waiting all night!" Aiel chuckled. "You wouldn't dare" Mrs. Asuka frowned, the twins stood in-front of Mrs. Asuka, " we brought you food!" Aiel said proudly, most likely waiting to be praised. "Thank you very much, both of you girls are quite kind" Mrs. Asuka patted Aiel on the head and smiled warmly at Nel, they proceeded to go inside to their warm house to chat about tonight's events.
Mrs. Asuka was eating when Aiel asked a question. "Mrs. Asuka what does it mean when a knight has a moon crest badge instead of a star?" Nel had also been curious, she did not intervene. "They are known as a general, the empire this village belongs to is the Night Empire. Common folk have a star on their identification card, that star has four points only. Lower knights such as those outside have a star too but, their star has five points. An Vice-General will have a moon crest. A general will have a full moon. The royal family will have a sun, though it is ironic that the empire's name doesn't match the royal families badge it identifies them as being the only beings that should have major attention on them." "Mrs. Asuka what about the other ranks?" Nel was curious as to why she didn't mention the other ranks.
It cant just be knights, vice general, general, and the royal family right?
"Of course there's many more ranks, but our village doesn't really offer an education system. So my knowledge is very small compared to older villagers or the village chief, as they do have a higher education. At least when it was offered." Mrs. Asuka mumbled the last part. Aiel and Nel chose to stay quiet and not drag out the topic any longer. "Nel I think it's time to sleep." Aiel put her hands together as if to make a clapping motion, "good night!" Aiel scurried off to bed. "She's not even trying to be quiet about it." Nel complained, "what's there to be quiet about if you can hear a pin drop in this house?" Mrs. Asuka chuckled. "I've finished eating I shall also head to sleep, good night child." "Ill put away the plate!" Nel quickly grabbed the plate and put it in the basket to be cleaned the next day and taken back to the village chief's wife. Nel looked back at the dining table to see Mrs. Asuka gone. "I didn't even notice her leave, she might as well be a feather" Nel smiled heading to her room to catch some much needed sleep. She slept in the basement along with Aiel, she descended down the stairs to head to her room. When descending one could see a hallway, then two doors. One led to Aiel's room and the other to Nel's room, Nel opened the door to her room and entered. She looked around in the darkness, it wasn't pitch black since there were windows, though they weren't big they were still windows. She closed the door and walked over to her bed, she sat on it and pondered.
I hope to have another fun day like this again soon.
She went over to a table which only had a some variety of clothes, she changed into a nightgown which Mrs. Asuka had given to her, like every other one of her clothes. She went back to her bed, this time laying down on her bed and closing her eyes, soon to drift to sleep which did end up happening.

Tap, tap.

Nel soon awoke, Nel was a light sleeper. The fact that she heard a clear tapping noise on her window was abnormal. She sat up looking around her room just to be safe, then she looked behind her and up the window. Nothing.
Not a soul in sight. She got up from her bed and quietly went up the stairs. She made it up the where the kitchen and sitting area was, she looked around.
No one.
She opened the door to go outside and slowly walked out. Nel had changed her mind and was about to step back in until someone pulled her outside. Nel yelped at the sudden yank, she quickly looked up to see who yanked her out while also getting ready to scream. It was a general, the general she saw from earlier. "M-Mr. Moon general?" Nel whispered. "Yes that's me, please shut the door and come outside." The general said. Nel did as she was told, she went to close the door and walked to where the general was. "Let's go sit on the bench right over there" the general pointed to where a bench was, just a couple feet away from them. Nel hesitated at first but nodded, she went alongside the general and sat on the bench with him. Nel looked at him, he didn't have a bad appearance on the contrary he was very good looking. Before she had not had the best view of him but now looking closely at him he was gorgeous. Black shiny hair, thick black eyebrows, a sharp jawline, pale skin, and yellow eyes. He was stunning. "Don't call me Mr. Moon general, call me Yin." He said, almost in a demanding tone. "Yes  Mr.Yin." Nel looked right at him. "No just Yin." Yin firmly stated. Nel hesitated but complied, "Yin." Yin nodded and turned to his side and pulled out a rectangular shaped box. He opened it and grabbed Nel's hands, he put something in her hands. She brought the item closer to her, it was a flower. "It's a lily, when I saw you you exactly reminded me of it, so I decided to find one and give it to you." Yin said all with a straight face. Nel blushed at his remarks then started thinking deeper into what he had done.
Did he... did he leave the party and went to find a lily?
While Aiel and Nel we're heading to the village they hadn't see any flowers around, much less lilies.
Does that mean that they're from the opposite side of where we were coming from? Or the other sides? I don't think the village doesn't sell flowers either...
Nel started worrying but, not wanting to waste Yin's efforts she accepted the flower. "Thank you very much" Nel smiled at Yin, "I'll make sure to get you something soon too." "No need, it's good enough for me that you accepted the flower." Yin closed his eyes. "I insist!" Nel proclaimed. "Okay, but maybe another day. Im very sorry I disturbed your sleep, I couldn't wait until tomorrow." Nel was slightly shocked, but was content.
He's like a puppy!
Nel smiled, she stood up and bowed her head at Yin. "I will now be returning to my home and going to sleep. Thank you for the flower, I'll put it in a vase." Nel walked off, Yin just started at Nel as she walked off. Nel opened the door, she entered, and then shut the door.
I didn't think such events would happen now, much less from Mr. Yin.
Even if Yin had said to just address him as Yin, Nel couldn't find herself to say it, at least not to his face. Nel couldn't say no when he basically demanded her to just call him Yin, but what stopped her from calling him Mr. Yin to others or when she spoke to herself? They didn't even know each other well, he probably didn't even know her name! Nel nodded agreeing with the thought that it was right to call him Mr. Yin.
Nel headed to the kitchen and saw a cup which did have water in it, it was in the basket which already had water in it. Nel grabbed the cup and put more water in it, she put the basket water inside the cup and placed the lily in.
Tomorrow I'll make a vase for you, for now please do settle down in the cup for the meantime.
Nel placed the cup on table and looked at the lily.
Pretty.
Satisfied she went back to the stairs and walked back down to her room, she opened the door of her room and sat in her bed. She sighed and lay down, soon to drift to sleep.
I just want to sleep for a long time..
Nel's final thought before she eventually fell asleep.