Part 11

Jackson

After the incident in the woods Micheal, Hayden, Daniel, Jacob, Chelsey, Hunter and Kyle are I are sitting in the living room. Daniel is explaining the process of the royal wolf's shift. "When a royal wolf shifts it is completely different from a regular wolf. There are of course the normal stages of the normal wolf but the royal wolf-in this case Raja-will be present about two weeks before the first shift. It's up to the wolf to decide when to make the first pre-shift appearance. She will-" he pauses when he notices Ashley standing in the doorway. 

She looks me in the eyes. "J-Jackson? C-can I t-talk to y-you?" She shutters and I get up. We walk in silence to my room. "Kitt-" she cuts me off by holding up a hand.  Her eye's fill with tears and my heart skips a beat. "Why didn't you tell me about werewolf's?" She whispers softly. "Love, I didn't know how to tell you. It's so new to you and I didn't want to overwhelm you." I explain. She nods once. "I understand, but please don't keep big life changing things from me anymore." I take her in my arms and hold her tightly. "I'm so sorry Kitten. I never meant to hurt you," I mutter into her hair. 

We spend the rest of the evening watching movies until Ashley falls asleep. It isn't until she sleeps that I feel the itching under my skin. I've been ignoring the need to run for  a while and gave all my attention to Ashley.  I know I need to get out now but I don't want to leave her. 

 Daniel notices my internal battle and tells me he has it. I get up and make my way outside. I close my eyes and imagine my wolf. Luce howls in delight and  the shift is fast and painless.  When I open my eyes, everything is so much clearer. Luce begins walking with his nose to the ground. After a while he pick up on the scent of a rabbit. He takes off in the direction of his prey. He finds the unsuspecting rabbit quickly and crouches down about 20 feet away. At just the right moment he pounces catching the rabbit in one quick motion. After snapping its neck he plops down to eat his snack. Once the tiny creature is gone Luce trots back to the cabin and gives me back control. 

***********************************

This isn't exactly my favorite chapter, but oh well. I hope you enjoyed. Also, Check out the new banner and cover! 

 Also, Check out the new banner and cover! 

Okay, bye!

Word Count: 457

05/21/2022