Chapter 3

"Sarah? Darling? Wake up." Kol said, trying to wake her. "Darling, this isn't funny. Wake up!" he tried, panic rising in his voice, "SARAH! WAKE UP!" he yelled. She wasn't waking up and her breathing was slowing by the minute. Kol was in a panic, he had only known her for a few hours but somehow, Sarah had started to worm her way into his cold heart. The only thing he knew to do was to call Elijah, but he promised her that he wouldn't tell anyone about her and he wanted to keep his word. After a few minutes of pacing the room and listening closely to Sarah's heartbeat, it suddenly stopped, only to start again a few seconds later. That was it, promise be damned, Kol wasn't going to let her die. Kol pulled out his phone to call Elijah. 

          "Brother. To what do I owe this unexpected call?" Elijah asked as he answered the phone. 

          "I need your help." Kol replied. 

          "Yes, Niklaus has already told me of your plans to stop the Mystic Falls gang from getting the cure, and I want no part in it." 

          "It's not that. I...well...she...and I...um" 

          "Spit it out Kol." Elijah sighed, clearly annoyed with his younger brother.

          "I met a girl from another universe who was sent here to save my life, but she passed out for no obvious reason and now she's dying and I don't know what to do." Kol blurted out. 

          "Take her to the house, I'm on the way." Elijah said as he hung up the phone. 

          Take her to the house? Niklaus's house. He knew that they would know how to help, but he didn't want Sarah to be angry with him and not trust him anymore. After some debating with himself,  he knew there was no other option. He lifted her into his arms and whispered, "I broke one promise, but I swear on my life, Nik will not lay a finger on you." before speeding to his family's home. 

          "NIK!" Kol yelled as he ran through the front door. "NIKLAUS!" 

          "What's with all the yelling, brother? Come to scold me about Silas again?" Niklaus said as he waltzed down the stairs. "And who might this be?" 

          "Her name is Sarah, she's dying and I need help. Elijah is on his way but I'm afraid her heart won't last much longer." 

          "Forgetting the obvious, Kol? You're an original vampire, give her your blood." 

          Kol felt like an idiot, how had he not thought of that? He sat down on the floor, with Sarah in his arms, bit into his wrist, and held it up to her mouth. As the blood trickled down her throat, Kol let out a sigh of relief, only to feel it fade away as Sarah began to gag on the blood, violently vomiting it back up. 

          "Well that's new." Niklaus stated, leaning on the wall across the room. 

          "What do we do?" Kol panicked, "She can't die, Nik. She saved my life." 

          "Sounds like you need a witch, I know just the one." replied Niklaus, before speeding out the door. 

          "Just hang in there, darling, it's going to be alright." Kol whispered as he pulled her close. 

          That's how Rebekah found them a few moments later when she walked through the front door. She smiled at the care her brother was showing, something that she hadn't seen in a long time. "So, this is the girl Elijah tells me you're trying so hard to save?" Rebekah said calmly as she looked at Kol. "What's so special about her?" 

          "Sarah saved my life. I promised her that I would keep her safe and I've already failed." 

          "She'll be alright Kol, Nik will be back with Bonnie soon and Elijah is almost here."