~Unload The Fuel~

"Come on Clarke, come on!" He tried to control his breathing, waiting for Clarke to get close and then it happened.... gun in his hand, aimed at the man, trigger pulled....

~~~

They were lucky Clarke was able to hit the brakes in time and no one got hurt, Bellamy's heartbeat finally slowing down as he shared a small smile with her. Meave in the meantime instantly ran to the back and watched Roan being healthy and unharmed.

"You're okay." She smiled and launched herself upon him, holding him close with her head buried into his neck.

"I am." He chuckled and rubbed her back. "I suggest we move quickly before we will have even bigger problems however." He raised his voice so the others could hear him too.

"Sounds like a plan." Clarke nodded and Roan slowly let go, kissing the top of her head before helping his wife back into the rover.

It didn't take long for the rest to follow and on they went, continuing the trail they were supposed to follow before they got into trouble.

Bellamy had offered to drive the second rover alone and so had suggested Meave to stay with Clarke and Roan. He probably had done so because he didn't want to separate her and Roan, but he also needed to be alone with his own thoughts. They all had certain times where they felt lost and Meave guessed this time it was his. It was not much of a shocker since it had been such a long day filled with nothing but fear and stress.

"You're a good king Roan." Clarke murmured as Roan once again was lost in the huge trees outside.

"Yeah, a king who runs an errand while his people are at war in Polis." He sighed while turning his head around to shortly lock gazes with Clarke.

"This errand is the most important thing right now, and you know it." Clarke tried to cheer him up a bit, make him feel even the slightest bit better.

"And if we do safe everyone? Then what? What happens once you've turned us all into nightbloods? Do we just keep on killing each other?"

Sadly, Roan had a point.... it wasn't like their clans would respect each other more after the end of the world and they would definitely not stop killing each other. Mankind would always find a way to start hating on each other again.

A long silence followed after the question was asked and Clarke stared ahead of her.

"We're here." Bellamy announced through the radio and they both stopped.

"I'll unload the fuel." Roan walked to the back and Meave stared at Bellamy. He didn't seem happy as he had switched his gaze to the sea.

Carefully, she approached him to see if he was alright, but Clarke had the same idea and Meave slowly backed away to give them their privacy.

"I'm gonna take the rover back to camp."

"Octavia?" Clarke asked before glaring up at him.

"It's pathetic, right? She hates me but I keep coming back for more."

"She's your sister. She's blood. She'll come around and see how special you are." Maybe Clarke didn't notice herself what she had said to the man, but he did and immediately his eyes sparkled a bit.

The two didn't have anything going on, but Meave could swear that most of the time there was a tension between the two. As if they were perfect together, but didn't allow themselves to think the same.

"Clarke.... if I don't see you again...."

"No. You will." She cut him off.

"We've got a problem!" Roan his deep voice called out and the three quickly made their way to the back of the rover. "Trikru arrow." Roan kicked the empty barrel off of the truck and it fell open with the lid falling off.... It didn't contain the fuel anymore....

"No...." Meave whispered, falling to her knees in shock as her eyes started to burn.

"We have to radio them." Clarke and Bellamy rushed back to the rover to try and make contact with the ones already in the lab, but Meave couldn't get herself to stand again.

"Love?" Roan got onto his knees too and pulled her close, stroking her hair back as she teared up.

"Why does this always happen...? Why can't anything just work out...?" She was breaking, not knowing how to keep herself strong this time.

"Breathe, azblida." He whispered, kissing her shoulder before hugging her firmly again. He needed her to calm down. The stress she had been going through lately was getting too much and he was worried about her. "It'll be okay. We'll find a way and I promise I'll keep you two safe." He whispered beneath his breath, not wanting anybody to understand what he was saying to her. Not that anyone was listening anyway, but he couldn't risk it.