Chapter 3: This is gonna be my year!

(Yes, YES! I know! I lied! I didn't end up finishing the story.. but here's chapter 3 after literal months of procrastination! I made it extra long for you...)

Background Zombie's POV

This was it! The first year zombies get to attend human high school! I was excited, REALLY excited, but not as excited as Zed Necrodopolis, he has been waiting for this moment his whole life, he was talking about it ALL SUMMER! I walked out of my house and onto the streets of zombie town, ready for the first day of school, when I heard.... music?!? I was super confused, and I got even more confused when people randomly started dancing, and IN SYNC too! It was like they planed this... I didn't wanna feel left out so I joined in, trying my best to keep up with the dance moves.

Now what up everybody? Lemme set the scene! A fresh new start for your boy, young Z! You saw pops for a dad he's cool, he's just a little stressed 'bout my first day at school!

Who the heck was he singing to?! Look, I knew Zed did some crazy things at times, like calling himself 'young Z', but he was acting straight up CRAZY!

They say "be careful 'cause humans can be mean" but I'm still going out for the football team! This might look rough but it's home sweet home, just a little bit of dust and a little bit of mold!

Then suddenly two other kids joined in and they were just looking at nothing at all! Like as if they were speaking to someone who wasn't even there! Could everyone see it but me? Or was I the only sane one here?? Plus where was this music coming from?!

But, it ain't so bad on this side of the tracks! We make it work with a little bit of.... SWAG!

What? I was super confused, I honestly thought that at this point either I was insane or everyone else was off their rocker!

Now let me introduce you to my friend, Eliza!

Dude, we all know Eliza! Who do you think hacks our Z-bands so we can play video games??

"We'll never be accepted, zombies need to rise up! Fight the good fight, stand for what's right, we get the worst jobs and a curfew at night! They make us wear these uniforms that all look the same, why's it just us being treated this way?! I say we stick it to their institution! You want justice? We need a revolution!"

Yes! Pop off queen! What? Just because I think they're messed up in the head doesn't mean I can't totally agree with what she says!

Yeah, you got a point, but today's an improvement, 'cause baby steps is still movement! Hey Bonzo, come and spit a verse!

Okay, he's also got a point, but the revolution sounds better, not gonna lie!

A zig zagg gwag gwad ziggy got gon
Ziggity got goat zag ziggy got zong!

Man, who knew Bonzo could rap?? And so relatable too!

He just dropped that in Zombie!

Yeah he did!

Yeah, all he said is he's hungry..

That's what made it so great!

My year! My year! My year! My year! My year!

Suddenly, everyone was headed towards Seabrook Power, where we hold the Zombie Mashes, and they broke into a flash mob which was kinda hard to keep up with.

Watch it, come together! be the, best one ever! Because, it's my time! This is gonna be my year!

Finally, we made it to Seabrook High, after what felt like forever, and yet the singing kept going, and I was surprised to find out that the humans had been singing too... that may have been why the 'song' seemed to be missing some parts...

Been waiting, for this moment! Yeah I'm, gonna own it! You can, watch me shine! This is gonna be my year!

After another weird flash mob thingy on either side of the gate, the 'song started to die down, ending with the soft signing of

My year, my year, my year, my year, my-my- my year, my year, my year

This is gonna be my year...

Hey!

I hope you enjoyed that chapter! The idea came from FrappaLappaChino , thank you! It was a rather long chapter but that's ok because I needed to make up for my long leave of absence! And before you ask, no, I do not have any family issues or personal issues of any sort, I was just busy with school and honestly being kinda lazy...

Baiiiiiiiiii

-Fernanda Silvestre