II. The sorting.

Chapter 2: The sorting

   We sat in the boats and the Hogwarts castle came closer by the second. I am really nervous. I know mum won't make a big fuss if i don't get in Gryffindor but i still don't want to disappoint her.

   "Do you play quidditch?" Draco asked out of nowhere. "Sometimes with my brothers, you?" I asked. "Yes, father is rather fond of my quidditch skills." It was unbelievable how much that father of his had a influence on Barbie. 

   "In which house do you want to get in?" On of the baboons asked me. "I don't really min. I prefer Gryffindor to please my family, what about you guys?" I said earnestly. 

"Slytherin."

"Slytherin."

"Slytherin."

   I rolled my eyes. "Of course." I muttered. "What do you mean with that?" Draco asked. "No it's just you guys look like Slytherins. So i don'y know why even asked." He grinned wickedly. "Mark my words, Weasley. You ain't a Gryffindor, but a true Slytherin." I just shook my head while i tried to hide my smile. "As if!"

- - -

   When we finally arrived at Hogwarts we were lead to a corridor by a professor in green robes. Professor McGonagall. "Before you can take your seat you will be sorted into your houses. They're Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin." She explained. She rattled more about points and that your house is considered your home while your at Hogwarts. When she left us alone Barbie started talking. "So it's true then. What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. This is Crabbe, Goyle and i'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." I rolled my eyes at the dramatic tone he was using. I saw he was walking up to the raven haired boy. 

   I heard Ron snort. "Think my name is funny do you? No need to ask yours! Red hair and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." He sneered. I looked at him with pure disgust. How dare he talk to my brother like that. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding family's are better than others, Potter. You don't want to make friends with the wrong sort." He said while eyeing Ron. I scoffed in disbelieve. He held out his hand. "I can help you with that." The raven haired boy who seem to be Harry potter looked at his hand and then back to him. "I think i can figure the wrong sort for my self thanks." He said coolly. Before Barbie could react McGonagall came back in. "If you will follow me." She said.

   When we entered the Great Hall, it was breath taking. "The ceiling is bewitched, read about it in Hogwarts; a History." The girl said who i already met on the train. When we were at the end of the hall i saw the hat with a little stool besides it. 

   When everyone was quiet the hat started singing: 

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty, But don't judge me on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me.     

You can keep your bowlers black, Your top hats sleek and tall, For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat and i can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head The Sorting Hat can't see, So try me on and i will tell you where you ought to be.      

You might belong in Gryffindor, Where dwell the brave at heart, Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindor apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff, Where they are just and loyal, Those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil;