Chapter Two

__________

You awake to a very loud, and very annoying, alarm clock. It was 8 pm, and you had to get up. Sitting up in bed, you grab your phone. 18 notifications flashed on your screen: a few game invites, two Facebook notifications, three missed calls from your mother and five text messages. You tuck your phone in the waist band of your shorts, deciding to make some food first. As you stand in front of the stove, your eggs cooking, your phone goes off again, scaring you some. Grumbling, you answer your phone, holding it with your shoulder and cheek. "Hello?" you ask.

"Hey sweetie, it's about time you picked up!" a chipper voice speaks back.

"Oh, hey mom," you reply, "I saw you called earlier. What did you need?"

"I was wondering if you needed anything before starting your new job. Tonight's the last night your father and I are going to be in town for the month so I thought if you wanted me to pick you up anything."

"Like what?" raising an eyebrow, you use your spatula to slide the scrambled eggs onto a plate.

"Oh anything," you could practically hear her smile.

"No, I think I'm all set mom. Don't worry about me, you and dad have fun on your trip, ok? I'll text you in the morning letting you know how my first night went," you smile.

"Alright sweetie," you're mother says, slight worry in her voice.

You hang up, sighing. That might very well have been the last time you were going to talk to your mother. The temp agency you work for already warned you that this could be a very dangerous, highly fatal job. You still didn't know where it was, or what it was for that matter, but it was nearby and you were low on cash.

You walk into your room after finishing your breakfast. The time is quickly approaching for you to leave, so you quickly throw on a pair of khakis, light blue sneakers, and a white shirt. Grabbing your bag, you take one last glance in this mirror, fixing your (h/l), (h/c) hair before walking out the door.