☁️🧸👒

Autors Note: guys im acc so excited for this story, for once I have it all planned out to be super cute n vibey!! anyways please vote, comment and add to your lists if you enjoy it <3

"-so pick your partners and get started on the project. You'll need to put together a tour guide in any media of our city, and present it as a proposition to persuade hypothetical tourists to visit. We will have a session in 2 weeks to review everyone's progress, with final presentations being on the 27th of May."

Group projects. 

Perhaps the most violent form of torture the schooling system has to offer. And although I despise getting put into a group full of people who don't want to be there, the thought of picking our own partners is even more daunting. This class is one which none of my friend are in, leaving me to sit alone until the bell eventually rings. I take that as my sign to approach the teacher, my hopes of being alone diminishing by the second as even before I reach her she voices, 

"this is a partner project Layla. I would like to see you collaborate with your peers. I know you'd do amazing at this assignment solo, but maybe the real project will be forming relationships with someone new, hmm?" 

I sigh internally, "am I that predictable?"

"Yep, you should do something about that." is the reply that comes, however it's not from Ms. Hartigan.

Ty.

My head whips around, my face scrunching in annoyance. "Who invited you into this conversation?"

"Didn't realise this was such an exclusive VIP exchange."

"Well it is. Goodbye."

"I have a proposition for you actually." 

"Let me guess. You'll leave the country if i give you a pound?"

"You wish. Then you might actually have a chance at student of the year."

I don't dignify that with a response, partially because he doesn't deserve one but also because I have doubts about my own ability of achieving it.

"So anyways, my proposition..."

My eyebrow raises at his serious nature, not that he's ever fully lightened up. But this time, his hands are intertwined in front of him like an overdramatised business man with a look of contempt.

"I will let you be my partner."

My reaction is delayed by the snowball of mixed emotions ranging from surprise to disgust to utter bewilderment. "You'll let me?"

"Well yes, it's an honour."

I scoff this time, loudly and in a way my mama would label as unladylike.

His eyes crinkle yet his voice remains monotonous, "I'm joking."

"Where's the funny?"

"We should be partners."

"Absolutely not" I say with a tone of wht I hope comes across as finality.

"C'mon, who else will actually match, if not improve, your work and take it seriously the way you will?"

I mull over the idea as the premise works for me, but everything about him does not.

"Still a no. I'd rather be paired with someone lazy and do double the work than be the one to carry your grade."

"You're funny." He says humourlessly, clearly unable to take the same comments he makes.

"Well that's settled. Adios."