•Part 15•

There are no coincidences. Just miracles by the boatload - Clare Vanderpool

2 months later

(I know that Snape is the DADA professor in the sixth movie, but he is going to be the potions professor in this story).

One night, after dinner, I went to go and read in the Gryffindor common room. Harry was sitting at the table as well studying for muggle studies. I sat down reading quietly while Gryffindors chattered about.

"Hey, Ali, do you know any sports that muggles play?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's the only question I can't remember."

"Oh, well there's soccer, tennis, and golf, but that's all that I can remember."

"Thanks," he said smiling.

Silence

"Hey, are you going to the quidditch game tomorrow?"

"Yep, I'll be there with Neville," I said.

"What about Hermione?"

"You haven't seen her new self?"

"No?" He said slowly.

"Oh, well I just don't think she's going to be coming," I said closing my book.

"I'll talk to her."

"Good luck," I said grinning.

I got up and went down the stairs to my dorm. I put my book away and got on my pajamas. My bed was right by the window, so I got to look out into the dark night sky.

The next morning when I went to potions, I saw Malfoy walking past the class. He was in the class but was probably going to skip it. He was still so mysterious about something.

I had this class with Hermione this period so it was kind of weird not having her by my side. Professor Snape went on teaching us about a potion that we were supposed to make. And since I wasn't missing out on my classes for a month this year, I actually got the potion right on my first try. Professor Snape was completely surprised as well. Even though he doesn't exactly express his emotions.

I made my way to Herbology class with Harry. Today was a review day. I hated review days. Not because they were absolutely boring. But because you had to pick a different partner to go with each time. Of course, Malfoy doesn't follow that rule. Last time he got yelled at for being with Crabbe three times. It made me wonder if he complained to his father about it. Probably not since nothing has changed.

I've been partners with Harry, Neville, Ron, and Cho so far. But I had nobody else to go with today and didn't want to be lectured by Professor Sprout if I choose one of those four again. When I got to class, everyone knew the drill.

"Alright get into partners everyone and review what you have learned this week," Professor Sprout began. "Oh and Malfoy, don't go with one of your friends again."

He groaned. Everyone got into partners except Malfoy and I. I'm not even surprised this happened again. My energy was already gone by the time I saw him just standing there. We both walked slowly to a table.

We didn't talk at all. We were just being our independent selves. I didn't care if we got yelled at because the last thing I want to do is talk to Malfoy.

After class Professor Sprout had Malfoy and I stay after class. I knew this was coming.

"Do one of you know why I made both of you stay after class?" She asked looking at us.

Malfoy didn't say a word and neither did I.

"Look, I get that you guys don't really know each other, but you have to talk."

"Well we know each other, we just don't talk," Malfoy said.

"Well then, I'm sorry to say this but you will have to join me in detention Friday afternoon," she said.

Both of us signed. I walked out of class ashamed. Not only am I going to be late to my next class, but Malfoy is going to hate me for this even though it wasn't completely my fault.

"I'm going to beat your-" I said before I got cut off.

"Not if I do it first," Malfoy said, grabbing my neck and harshly pushing me into the nearest wall, keeping me in place with his hand. "My parents will not be pleased with me getting detention."

"Well, you should have talked then."

With that he let go of my neck and turned down the next hall, leaving me there with no energy to go to my next class.

It made me wonder why his parents weren't going to be happy with this detention. It's not like it's his first. And he already skipped potion class today.