Chapter 27

[Greyson]

The rogue's bile stench disappeared at the water's edge, washing all traces of where he could have fled.

I stopped in my tracks to accesses my plan, which was absent at the moment. Running out the house without a strategy was a bad idea, but I just couldn't stand still and do nothing.

Holding on to what sanity I had left in me, I let out a loud angry growl that resonated across the field. The birds resting above the trees hastily flew off their branches and avoided me.

No one was safe when I was as angry like this.

The more time I waste, Celeste could be miles away from my grasp. My knuckle-white fists shook as I thought about that insufferable rogue.

Staring at the water rippling across the surface, I listed the possible places the rogue could have hid Celeste. What were his objectives? Were would he go?

To town, to Gran's house, to the forest to fetch a pail of water...

Hell, I had no freaking idea.

Falling backwards, my butt hit the ground and I lifted my head up in desperation. My fingers thrust into my hair and slid back under my jaw, as I rested my elbows on my knees.

The blood on my bandage was now dry and brown. I needed to change it, but that was not my main concern.

There were no qualms about finding Celeste. As soon as I had her that worthless man was going to wish he had died the day he murdered someone of my pack. And was it ironic that someone was my grandfather?

Celeste's blood relative, her grandfather, killed my grandfather.

It was so unrealistic.

Grandfather of my mate, or not, that rogue was mine to do as I will for kidnapping what was lawfully mine.

But where do I start looking for them?

One second I was happily kissing my mate, then I sense something, I shift and fly in front of Celeste to save her from the bullet. I thought I saved her, but when I wake up everyone tells me she's been stolen from me.

The rogue's scent was lost.

Then it hit me. All these years reading tons of books in my father's library finally proved useful at this moment. Like all mammals, we eventually perspire and when that mutt does, I'll have his scent locked on.

When I get to the other side of the waterfalls, I was going to let my nose guide me. Then my wolf would use our mating bond. Getting up, I brushed the dirt off my pants.

"Greyson!"

I looked over my shoulder. Dad strode my way with infuriated zest in his eyes. Next to him was Beta Robert with his two maddening sons.

"Grey, you can't just jump the gun and act on your own! I'm your right hand man. It's my job as your beta and best friend to help you!" Leo shouted.

He could have stopped that rogue from stealing my mate while I was unconscious but that didn't happen. These men were useless. I would have done so much more than let Celeste be abducted.

Leo didn't understand how it felt to have a mate. The amount of pain and worry I was experiencing at the moment could petrify a normal human to their knees. With my wolf expressing his emotions as well, I was a volcano ready to explode.

"Greyson, if you cross that maze, you will endanger this pack. Don't be selfish son. If you just wait, we can scout the men to chase after him. You can direct them to her through mind link. Just project your wolf's instincts into their subconscious and-