1

"Holy fucking shit." I sit up straight, staring at my phone screen.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my holy fucking god." I freak out, fanning myself with both hands.

About a week ago I had sent Ruel a message saying 'hey, how are you?' and I just opened Instagram to find a message notification, and checked it, only to find that Ruel has actually replied.

The worst, but also best, part of it, though, is that he only replied three minutes ago, meaning there's a very high chance of him replying again if I send another message.

Opening it up, I read the message, to find that it ends with him asking me how I am, basically telling me he wants to start a conversation.

I mean if it was in person asking about me in response would just be a formality, but he could have just said thank you over dm, yet he hasn't.

'I'm alright, school's just started again which I'm not the happiest about, but there's nothing I can do about it, and obviously, u already knew that. Every other aspect of my life is boring, except u replying, but yeah...'

'Hahaha, I'm sooo glad I don't do school anymore, where do you live?'

'Adelaide, so term 2 just started, and I'm mad.'

'Cool, I'm so glad the first DM I've ever replied to is from a girl who lives in Aus.'

'First DM u've ever replied to?'

'Yeah, I usually don't even check them, but I did for some reason, and urs was nice so I decided to reply.'

'Well thanks ahaha.'

'At least I'm going to Adelaide for a show next month, hopefully that makes things better than just alright.'

'I mean it would if I was going.'

'Oh, y aren't u going?'

'Mum's not big on concerts and so I couldn't convince her, it's also in the city at night time, and I don't have any friends to go with. I also, as a 13 year old, don't particularly want to be stuck on a dance floor with a bunch of screaming 16 year old girls.'

'That's a shame, you should come.'

'Well the tickets were going to be a birthday present anyway, and it's already been my birthday.'

'When was ur birthday?'

'23rd Feb.'

'Is there any way I can convince you to come?'

'The show's already sold out.'

'I can arrange something.'

'Well I'm not going by myself, and there's no way mum's going to let me anyway.'

'Are u sure none of ur friends are going?'

'Maybe some yr 10's, or someone from netball, but none of my close friends.'

'Well check, bc I want to meet u now.'

Exiting the messages for a second, I put a question sticker on my story, asking people if they're going to Ruel in Adelaide, and then go back to my messages.

'I put it on my story but it'll probably be 24 hrs before I get accurate results.'

'I have to go anyway bc it's like 8 am here, and it's probably late for u too, but I'll get back to u I promise.'

'U r literally the best, tysm x.'

'No, thank u.'

Holy fucking shit did that just happen??!