Painful Past

After dinner, everyone went to their respective rooms. You were sharing a room with all the managers. Since you couldn't sleep, you went out for a walk. You saw a few people around but most of them were already asleep. Making your way to the balcony, you spot a familiar figure leaning against the balcony, watching the stars. The light was sun so you couldn't really see the face but you caught a glimpse of blonde hair and immediately knew whom it belonged to. Tsukishima.
You walked closer to him and noticed he had earphones plugged in his ears.
"Are you following me?" He suddenly spoke making you jump a little.
"No way. You're not a celebrity that I'd follow." You said.
"So you follow celebrities? Suspicious."
"What- No! Shut up!" You said irritated. He laughed at you. You both stared at the sky for a while until he spoke again.
"So.. do you know Kuroo-san?" He asked in the most casual way possible, making it look like he wasn't really concerned but still wanted to know.
"Um.. I don't think you would like to know." You said.
"I highly doubt it's anything interesting but go ahead anyway." He said.
You thought for a while and decided to tell him. He wasn't going to do anything with that information anyways.
"Kuroo is.. my ex best friend, ex neighbor and also my ex boyfriend." You said looking straight.
"No wonder I find him EXtremely stupid." He said making you giggle as he smiled at your sight.

You told him about your relationship with Kuroo. Kuroo and you grew up together. Being next door neighbors, you were also best of friends, although the was older than you. From learning to cycle, to going to his volleyball games, you did most of the things together and one day you started dating him.
He was the one who asked you out first. It was after his team won a match and you ran up to him to congratulate him while he engulfed you in a hug and whispered in your ears Will you be my girlfriend? His hot breath sending chills down your spine. That was when you had your first kiss with him and you were so glad it was him. You dated for almost a year and everything was going fine until one day you caught him cheating on you.
Kuroo was at a party which you didn't attend but since you hadn't seen him for a few days, you were missing him and decided to go to that party to see him. When you arrived at the party, you searched for him and to your surprise he was kissing someone.
That day was the end of your relationship. After that day you stopped seeing him. You avoided him everywhere. He didn't even bother to apologise to you after that. You were so glad to move to Miyagi because you just wanted to leave everything behind. After moving to Miyagi, you weren't doing really good mentally and emotionally. You were dejected and would randomly cry anytime of the day. You would skip meals or sometimes eat way too much. You were so lonely without Kuroo, because he was your only friend, it made your condition terrible.
You had lost your dad as a child so it was just you and your mom. The break up made you miss your dad too much. You wished to have someone to talk to because your mom wasn't available all the time. Seeing your poor state, your mom asked you to start therapy and that's what has kept you going all this time. But you haven't told this to anyone and you weren't going to tell Tsukishima either. You think he would make fun of you for going to therapy.
"So that's it." You said after you briefed him through the story. He didn't say anything so you just assumed he must've found it disinteresting. You decided to head back. You turned around and started walking but he grabbed your wrists and pulled you into a hug.
"I'm sorry." He blurted out.
"Y-you don't have to be." You said, your cheeks were burning. You never expected Tsukishima to do something like this. He was warm and you felt very similar to how you would feel when you hugged Kuroo. It was nice until he abruptly pulled himself away. He was in a flustered state but you couldn't notice because of the dark.
"I'll get going." He bluntly said as he walked away. You stood there trying to process what just happened.
After a few minutes you went back to your room as well. You tried to sleep but couldn't get the feeling of Tsukishima's warmth out of your mind. You tossed and turned and looked out of the window. You could see the moon. The sight immediately bringing a smile on your face as you remembered a person's face when
you looked at the moon. Kei.

Today, Karasuno had a practise match with Nekoma, which only meant you would have to see Kuroo more often than you thought. You and the team waited for Nekoma at the gym. Soon after they arrive, the match began.
Both the teams were playing really good. Hinata and Kageyama's quick attack was scoring points but Nekoma's setter was smart enough to build a strategy against them. Throughout the match you noticed both Tsukishima and Kuroo stealing glances from you and you avoided it, especially Kuroo.
The match ended and everyone on your team was frustrated because they lost to Nekoma even after all these efforts. You gave them water. As you reached Tsukishima, his face was unreadable. You thought he doesn't want to show that he's sad but it wasn't really what you were thinking.
"It's okay to feel sad, Tsukki." You told him.
"I'm not sad." He said. You have him a questioning look.
"You just lost a match. It's totally normal to feel sad." You said.
"I don't see a point in being sad over this." He said making you furrow your brows.
"Everyone put so much efforts into the game and you don't even feel anything?" You asked. He still had a blank face, almost as if he didn't care.
"No. I don't think you should waste so much time and effort on a club when you're going to get disappointed anyway." He said and walked away, leaving you speechless.

I know this chapter is big but I realised I wrote very small chapters so I'm going to be writing bigger chapters from now.