SHADES OF PINK

On their way to Ash's next gym battle, we find our heroes a little off the beaten path. Forced to detour from the main road due to fallen trees, we join Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie in the ocean-side town of Coral Beach. After spending the night at the local pokemon center, morning finds Ash and Serena studying her guidebook, while Clemont and Bonnie pack up the remaining breakfast dishes.

"Ah, there it is, Coral Beach." Serena said, as her guidebook came up with the location. "Hmmm." Serena murmured as she examined the information. "Nice place. Known and named for its beautiful coral reef off shore, which draws all kinds of water-type pokemon. Popular tourist spot too, with sun and sand for the travelers."

"Why do I have the feeling you're about to tell us something bad?" Clemont asked as he and Bonnie joined Serena and Ash.

Serena glanced at Clemont rather sheepishly, before showing the others the map on her guidebook. "The bad things is, there is no side way to get back on track from here." She said, her finger trailing the main path on the map and then pointing to Coral Beach. "We'd have to go back to the main road and keep going from there."

"Well, then I guess we have to go backwards." Ash said, looking at the map.

"I'm afraid you can't do that."

All four of them turned at the sound of the voice, which belonged to the local Nurse Joy. Looking at them from behind the counter, Nurse Joy explained. "I just heard from Officer Jenny a while ago. The damage from the trees is greater than she thought it was and the main road will have to be closed for repairs. It will be a few days before it is safe enough to be re-opened to the public."

"Aaaawwww!" Ash moaned, slumping. "So we've got to sit and wait for days until we can get back on the road?!"

"Looks that way." Clemont said, studying the map on Serena's guide. "There is no way out of here but the main road. Which is blocked now."

"Come on, it's not all bad!" Bonnie said. When the others looked at her, she ran to the door, pointing out at the beach. "Sure, we're stuck for a few days, but we're stuck at the beach!"

"She's right." Serena said, closing her guidebook and putting it away. "Come on. Let's go to the beach."

Ash and Clemont followed Serena and Bonnie outside to the beach. If they couldn't carry on with their journey, at least they could make the most out of where they were stuck.

The beach was a nice place: pristine sands, clear waters and shops lining the boardwalk that stretched out to one side. The shops sold all kinds of treats and beach souvenirs, and the water-type pokemon that hung around the place were comfortable with humans. They had no trouble playing with the younger ones and socializing with trainer's pokemon.

Ash, Clemont and Bonnie changed into their swimwear and found a spot near the ocean. Bonnie happily ran into the water, laughing as Pikachu and Dedenne followed her in, happily splashing about. Clemont and Ash remained on the beach, watching the waves ebb and flow while keeping an eye on Bonnie.

"Stay where we can see you, Bonnie!" Clemont called to her before looking at Ash. "What do you think is keeping Serena?"

"Don't know." Ash answered as he watched Pikachu swim back and forth, showing Dedenne how to do it. "All she said was something about having trouble with her swimsuit."

"Huh." Clemont mused. "I wonder what kind of trouble that could..."

"Sorry, sorry everyone! I'm here." Serena came running up behind Ash and Clemont as they stood up at the sound of her voice. Turning to look at her, both of them started.

Serena was dressed in a lovely one-piece swimsuit, bright blue like her eyes. It hugged her body in all the right places, and with her hair cut short even more skin was exposed.