Part 7

Princess Sandhya keenly watching the sunrise & Ranvijay worshipping the sun, sitting on her white mare in the riverside. Watching sunrise & spend some time alone in riverside is her daily habit, only new thing added is the presence of Ranvijay. They never talked. Ranvijay only bowed her with a bright smile on his face. & it's just his smile that made the day of the Princess. Sandhya watched him with fascination. Her trance got broken when she felt her horse trying to flee because a javelin struck in the ground before them. Sandhya tried to pull back the reins of the horse, she also took out her small knife. But she got dis balanced as her horse pulled its legs in the air. She tightly closed her eyes in fear to hit in the hard ground. But a strong hand hold her tightly & she herself get collided with a broad chest. She looked up at his face. For the first time, she is so close to Ranvijay. She felt secure in his arms & tightly hugged him. She inhaled his manly scent. She heard Ranvijay voice." It's Okay Princess. Don't worry. I will not let anything happen to you. " He safely put her in the ground & firmly stood before her. He pulled out the javelin from the ground & efficiently started counter the arrows flying towards them. A man completely dressed in black came towards them with a sword, but Ranvijay kicked him hard & dug the javelin in his chest & the man fall there dead. Sandhya tightly clutched hold of his arm. She can feel his strong muscles. There was some sound in the nearby bushes & Ranvijay threw the javelin following the sound. Both can heard a shrieked of a man & also sound of galloping of a horse. "What a Perfect aim!". Princess Sandhya wondered & looked at him, her eyes full of admiration. Ranvijay carefully looked at the place. Suddenly, Sandhya felt a pull & within fraction of second, she saw another man dressed in black fall on the ground with a thud. He is trying to attack them from back, But Ranvijay was alert & he cut the neck of the man with the small knife of Princess. Sandhya dug her nails in his skin.

Princess Sandhya was going to meet with his father, Sudarman, the king of Pulindra, in evening with a request not to restrict her from going alone in morning. She heard voice of their Prime minister who is talking with the king. She heard only few things.

Prime minister- Maharaj, though we are unable to find the identity of the attackers , but I examined the weapons they used & I am sure all the weapons are made in Trigartha.

After that, there was a pin-drop silence. Sandhya left from there & came back in her chamber, lost in thoughts. Her sakhi, Chandra, noticed her & sat with her.

Chandra- what happened Princess?? King denied your request naa?? Don't be sad, it's for your good.

Sandhya- what you know about Trigartha??

Chandra's face lost all colors. "I don't know anything about Trigartha Princess." & she stood up.

Sandhya hold her hand. "You know everything. Just speak Chandra. It's very important for me to know."

Chandra- Princess, Trigartha was a very prosperous & peaceful kingdom at first, ruled by Suryavanshi rulers. Last Suryavanshi ruler was King Pratap Narayan, who was treacherously killed by his shrewd commander Sanjay & it's still a mystery what happened with his pregnant Queen Ashikini. Now, Trigartha is ruled by Sanjay & his wife Mohini, who people says performs black magic. The kingdom is now the hell in Earth. The condition of women are most pathetic there. If Sanjay laid his eyes on any female, then she is doomed.

Sandhya became speechless to know about Trigartha. Why these people attacked her?? What they actually wanted? To kill her or to kidnap her. What's going on?? She needs to stay alert. But one thing, she is sure. If Sanjay laid his evil eyes on her, then He will be doomed. She is the blessing of Lord Shiva. She held her face high with pride. She recollects how Ranvijay saved her. A small smile crept on her lips.

In morning, at Hospital,

Vikram entered inside the cabin. Megha looked at him & smiled. She gestured him to sit beside her. Vikram put some fresh Tuberosa flower in the vase & sat beside her.

Vikram- How are you feeling now?

Megha- I am now feeling okay & I am sorry Vikram. You told me to stay in temple, but I went inside the jungle. I put you in danger.

Vikram sighed. " You put yourself in danger. I am fine Megha. Btw, why you went inside the jungle?? You noticed anything suspicious??

Megha- No.

Vikram- Then?? I told you right, it's not safe to roam here alone.

Megha (in a firm tone)- I think you are forgetting Vikram that I came here for Research work. So, I have to roam alone.

Vikram- So, what's the progress in your work??

Megha- Nothing.

Vikram- I know You are not answerable to me . You can go wherever You want. But You were in the temple because I took You there. So, I feel You are my responsibility then. In fact, I am a police officer, so, I am responsible for the law & order here.

Vikram ( with a pause) - You are not irresponsible! Then why? You behaved unusually in temple also. Are you okay?

Megha- Yes, I am. ( with a sigh).

Vikram- What happened Megha??Please tell me. ( After a moment of hesitation, he put his hand on her forehead).

Megha looked at him & speak in a low tone. "I felt I lost you."

There is a confusion between them.

Vikram- lost me??

Megha turned her face on other side.

Vikram- Look at me Megha. I will forever stay with you.

Megha looked at him. They both are in some dazing condition. Megha closed her eyes. But again the flashes of a woman crying clutching a man's dead body came in front of his eyes. She breathed heavily & a drop of tear escaped from her eyes & fall on Vikram's hand.

Vikram- It's precious.

He hold her hand & placed it in his heart. She can feel his heartbeat. She looked relieved. Vikram looked at the wounds in her other hand. He took the hand. His heart ached.

Vikram- It is paining naa??

Megha( murmured)- No.

Vikram- Don't roam alone here. Make me your Assistant.

Megha( smiling)- Are you jobless??