Chapter 1

The crowd cheers as you finish playing your last song of the set. You send your supporters off with some words of wisdom, "If you ever think about giving up, remember why you held on for so long" The crowds applauds louder as you and your bandmates head off stage, and to the van parked in the back of the venue. The venue was the smallest you've ever played. The band you're in, "My Chemical Romance" is still new to the scene, and you all have been trying to get your name out there, because you know that what you guys have is a gift.

Ray: Hey Hayley! You did great tonight

Hayley: Thanks Ray! You did too, I like that spin move you did

Ray: Gee thanks *he blushes*

You smile and load your guitar into the trailer. You're tired and can't wait to get to the hotel for some much needed sleep.

You've known Ray since you were 8 years old. You had just moved to New Jersey from Mississippi after your parents divorce. Your mom wanted to get a fresh start. On your first day at your new school, Ray sat next to you at lunch because he didn't want you to eat alone. Ever since then, he's been your best friend. He also introduced you to Gerard, Mikey, and Frank. They've always been there for you. It's like you all knew each other in a past life.

As you're about to climb into the van you feel someone tap on your shoulder

"Excuse me, are you Hayley Williams?"

"That's me"

"OMG! It's really you!" the fans exclaim

"It's so nice to meet you, what are your names?"

"I'm Amy and this is my sister Allison"

After chatting with the girls for about 10 minutes and taking some pictures, you say your goodbyes and climb into the van.

(In the van)

"Mind if I sit next to you?"

"Yeah go ahead"

You climb behind the seats and make your way to the very back of the van where he's sitting. The van starts moving.

"I'm so tired" you and Ray say at the same time.

"Jinx!"

You both laugh

Ray yawns and asks, "can I lay my head on your lap?"

"Sure"

You move over to make room for him to lay down, which is kind of hard for him because he's so tall.

He lays his head on your lap, and you play with his hair, giving him a soothing scalp massage. You both drift off to sleep and wake up too Mikey turned around in his seat

Mikey: Come on guys, we're here

Disheveled, you both get out of the van and stretch before grabbing your suitcases.

"My legs are cramped"

"Hahaha I bet, you fucking giant"

"Says the one who's about the size of an Oompa Loompa!"

He picks you up and throws you over his shoulder

"Hey the view is nice up here!"

You both laugh and he gets your bag from the van. You don't complain about him carrying you because you're too tired to walk.

You all have to share a two bed, room because it was all you could afford. Mikey walks over to the pull out couch and sets his bed up. Frank runs to the bathroom to take a shower and Gerard kicks off his shoes and curls up in the first bed he sees. He always changed into his skeleton onesie after a show so he wouldn't have to do it later. You and Ray finally make it up to room, you're still draped over his shoulder. He gently sets you down and you almost fall over.

"Woah"

He goes too catch you

"You ok?"

"Yeah I'm good, just a lot of blood to the brain"

You make your way over to the bed next to Gerard

"I take it Frankie will be sharing a bed with you tonight Gerard?"

He gives you a tired thumbs up

"Guess you're with me Toro"

"It's ok. I can share the couch with Mikey"

" You know damn well you're not gonna fit on that, it's ok you can bunk with me"

"You sure?"

Hayley: "Yes Ray.

You're already dozing off by the time Ray shimmys his way under the blanket, and whispers goodnight.