Shaw? - Yes Sir!

Robert stood in line with other soldiers who had been requested. General Strong before them. He knew him from the battle of Fort Wagner. "As you all know, the Confederates have rallied again and attacked camps, towns and villages of the Union. This must be stopped. In order to defeat this one army, a new regiment will be set up. They have all already achieved merits in battles. I will now assign you their rank and role. "

The general took down a list from one of his followers. "Shaw." he called and looked around.
"Yes, sir." it came from two people. Robert and Louisa had stepped forward. The general looked from one to the other and the two looked to each other. They couldn't believe they were seeing each other.

"Robert G. Shaw.", He completed and Louisa stepped back. "You will get back your old rank as Colonel and will lead the regiment. Your achievements at Fort Wagner and the art of preparing the 54th were brilliant." "Yes, sir." Robert nodded and took another step back.

" Robert nodded and took another step back

"Miss Shaw. You are not on my list." Strong now turns to Louisa. "That's right sir. I'm running for Major Cabot Forbes." The general eyed her carefully. "It was explicitly sent for him." "Sir. He doesn't know about anything, sir. I already have experience as a major and I am sure that I can do the actual job satisfactorily." Strong built himself up. "Well, now it's too late to wait for Major Forbes ... Welcome Major Shaw. Colonel you are responsible for you. It's your sister." After all the schemes and tasks had been distributed, Robert approached his sister.

" After all the schemes and tasks had been distributed, Robert approached his sister

"What are you doing here?" he asked quitly but with tense. Louisa gave him Cabot's draft. "I can't let him go to war again. I can't get that over my heart." she betrayed. Robert looked down and sighed. "I can't be mad at you. I burned Josie's draft." "She told you." Robert, hands behind his back, looked up and into the distance. "Yes. She is pregnant and shouldn't fight. I don't want anything to happen to her. That she lose the child like you did back then ..." His sister grimaced. The memory awakened repressed feelings. "Let me guess, you didn't tell her you were here." "No. Did you tell Cabot?" She shook her head. "I don't want to lose him again." "He's a good soldier, Louisa." "I know. I know. But I ... the idea alone ..." She shook her head again.

" She shook her head again

Both were silent. "Seems like neither of us has an easy time of it." Robert admitted, leaning his head on Louisa and looking at her. The blonde had to laugh softly. Even if the tears came at the same time because of this unspeakable caustic situation. "Seems so." She sighed and shrugged. "At some point you will find out. Our absence will not go unnoticed for long." Louisa interjected and was already afraid of the confrontation. "Mmm. I told Josie I was in another city to visit a Cabot business partner. That'll buy me at least 2 weeks before she got skeptical. What did you say to Cabot?" explained her brother. What did she tell him? She didn't have a real plan. "I just said  I have to do. He didn't ask, was too deep into the books of horse breeding. He now wants to specialize in horses for the military." replied Louisa, shrugging her shoulders.

He was so busy the last few days that they hadn't really seen each other. Probably the reason her mother had relaxed the contact so much because she saw that Cabot was taking responsibility. Robert took a deep breath before sighing as well. "They will behead us." Louisa stated and Robert only responded with a simple "Yep."

"