Surviving the Johnsons. Chapter Eleven.

Chapter eleven.

I pulled my hair into a high ponytail, pulled on a pair of cropped shorts and a tank top, and skipped down the stairs. It felt weird not having anyone around lately, it felt empty. The brothers would normally come over or I would be having dinner round theirs if I felt like it but tonight I was going to spend with Zac.

Just thinking of his name made me think of the kiss, when I thought of that it made me think; why me? Out of all the girls, why me? With his looks he could probably get a quite a few girls.

I pulled popcorn out the cupboard and put it in the microwave, watching it slowly go round. I began to hum to myself, a pointless advert tune. I heard a noise from the front door; I instantly grabbed something off the side and crept towards the hallway. The door was rattling; I heard a groan then someone fall over. I straightened up and looked out the keyhole. Sure enough, three boys and one girl were on my door step trying to unlock my door...with the wrong key. I giggled quietly to myself as I pulled the door open and Nora fell in, she screamed as she hit the floor, dragging me and one of the boys behind her, with her.

I groaned as Nora used me to get herself up. "Thanks, Nora. I love being used to help people up that pushed me over," I told her sarcastically. I looked at the boy next to me, "hey Robbie, how's it going?"

Nora laughed and held her hand out for us, Robbie raised his eyebrow and pulled her back down. I giggled and stood up, brushing off imaginary dust. I looked at the doorway, Tony and James was standing there, looking like they wished they could be anywhere but here. I nudged the door more open with my foot, letting them know they could come in if they wanted to; they both stepped inside and closed the door behind them.

"You know, Mitchie, if you thought we were breaking in - by the way, guys, you gave me the wrong key! - was you planning on attacking us with that?" She pointed to the item I had grabbed off the side, it felt slightly heavy in my hand, then I squeezed it. Liquid started to pour down; I looked down and saw a puddle forming on the floor, the item in my hand was a water bottle.

I scrunched up my nose, "well, I was in the middle of making-"

"Do I smell popcorn?" Robbie said, pushing past me towards the kitchen.

"Make yourself at home Robbie, I don't mind!" I shouted after him, I heard a laugh and the microwave door open. "Why are you here, anyway?"

"If you want us to leave, we'll be glad to," James said. I looked at him and blinked a few times, getting over the harshness in his voice. I opened and closed my mouth a few times, no words forming. My best friend in the whole world was just rude.

"Ignore him; we are here to have some fun!" Nora said, glaring at James. He returned her look just as hard; I was confused at why they were here and why he was being like this.

"Well," I licked my lips, "lets watch a film, we might have popcorn but I don't bet that Robbie hasn't eaten it." I walked towards the kitchen to see Robbie sitting at the counter with the popcorn, eating it slowly.

"Robbie, don't eat it all. Go sit in the front room with them lot and put a film on." He didn't move but then I pointed towards the door and he reluctantly got up. He muttered something but I couldn't be bothered to listen, I put more popcorn in the microwave and waited for it to finish.

"Will you just be nice, at least talk to her! James, stop being so harsh to her, it's not my fault you didn't tell her," I heard Nora say as I neared the front room. Standing as still and quiet as I could, I waited for one of them to talk.

"Alright, I'll be nice. Why did you even drag us over here?" James asked his voice noticeably kinder.

"Because, you two went off after school and even I noticed that it upset her to see her best friends walking away with no explanation. Besides, you two didn't even tell her about the fight," Nora replied. The door bell rung, scaring me since I was trying to be as quiet as possible, making me nearly drop the popcorn.