Chapter 1

Emma Burke

I was walking into class as I saw one of the best looking people I have ever seen walk this Earth.

Josh Richards,but his powers are different. I could never even have a chance with him. Of course he looks back at me and I turn away as fast as I can. Again it's against the LAW to be together. The boy i'm assigned to marry is some jerk named Jacob.

I look at Josh again. I have to read his mind. I can't help it.

"Oh! There's Emma! Too bad I don't have a mind reading to,all I have is stupid mind control... we'd be perfect for each other... wait I have MIND CONTROL!" he thinks.

Um.. should I be happy or worried about that? But then he whips his head in my direction and stares at me and gives me a look that I never want to look away from.

"No Emma, he's trying to mind control you!!!" I try but I still can't seem to look away. Then Elizabeth comes into the room and sees me and pulls me away from those beautiful beautiful eyes.

"Dang it her stupid friend pulled her away! I'll have to get rid of her later."

I ignore his thoughts and turn to Eliza (Elizabeth).

"Thanks Eliza. That was a close one." I say.

"Yeah well he's tried THAT one multiple times. The mind controller thing I mean."she answers.

"I know but look at him he's so cute and amaz-"

"Stop just stop" she says as she puts her finger over my mouth "I think the mind control is still wearing off."

"No,I don't thi-"I start

''Shh"she interrupts . I frown deeply.

"Fine. but this conversion is not over." I say and then Stephanie walks in and the bell rings loudly.

"Okay everyone settle down, settle down!"Mrs.Wilson says over the talking teens. "Today we are going to continue to learn about the parts of the body and maybe dissect a piglet.

"Ew!" said most of the minds in the room but there was one particular that Emma listened to and that mind was Steph's (aka Stephanie).

"Boooring . I've already done all this. Hey, at least I'll get extra credit. Yeah I think I will do this one." her mind said

YES that's what she was hoping for. Now she could cheat off her MIND instead of her paper, AND no one can catch me doing it. Except for... she looks back on the other mind reader... Jacob. he stares back.

"She's planning on cheating! I have to stop her! Yeah but isn't this the way you like her? Like a bad boy? No! I can't have her get in trouble! Not just let her do her own thing she's VERY independent. It'll be fine." then started to worry about the classwork

"Well that's... helpful I guess." I thought and then the dissecting began and I got one of the best grades! and then Jacob (Ugg!) comes over, probably to try to flirt with me but no. he comes over and he says in his mind that he wants to have a think conversation back in the hall or even better somewhere private.

"Uhh heck no! One I have another class and two need to go to and so do you AND your SUPER annoying! So again Heck no!" I thought angrily at him.

"Okay,okay! You don't have to be so angry!"he thought and walked away