CHAPTER 2

Peter sat in front of May and Happy after asking if they were dating and he just sat there watching them bantering on whether this was an actual relationship. Happy being a little bit hopeful while May calling it a summer fling and Peter was just looking between them awkwardly. Well personally, Peter didn't have anything against Happy, I mean, May moving on from Uncle Ben kind of stung a bit but Peter didn't control that at all, he didn't decide who was deserving of his aunt, in fact Peter knew that he'd rather have it be Happy than literally anyone else.

Peter decided to not bring up his support of this relationship and he instead started awkwardly. "Okay uh...I'm gonna go....'cause I got a date....uh...bye!" He shot a web towards his mask, pulled it into his hand, stood up and ran out, pulling the mask on his face and jumping out the window and he started to think. He was going to meet MJ by the old Avengers base, otherwise known as the new Baxter Building, belonging to Reed Richards.

Peter started to think, about the Baxter Building.

He swung by a few times and he realized that the building wasn't even named 'Baxter' in fact there were no letters on the outside of it, the building was originally bought in 2016 to a mysterious buyer, which well...before was Victor Von Doom, a rich CEO guy but then he disappeared and so did Reed Richards but you know, they bounced back quickly and he bought the building with his wife Susan Storm...or well now Susan Richards.

He wondered briefly if they lived there, I mean Avengers Tower was probably a great place to live. Peter swung onto the subway and sat down as it headed to Manhattan and he took out his phone and he texted MJ.

You there already?

No dork, I'm not as quick as you

Well no, but mentally yes

What does that have to do with
anything? 

Uh...alright see you in a few
minutes

Peter awkwardly put his phone down and then the train was in the Manhattan area, he jumped up, sprinted and then jumped, fired a web and started swinging at an insane speed, releasing, he swung and released, did a few screws and backflips for fun. Ran on the walls and he let out a loud 'WOO!!!' while swinging, his speed accelerated and he web zipped toward the roof of the Daily Bugle and he could literally hear Jameson as he swung down to wave at the people inside.

"What's up!?" He heard the man yell. "YOU'RE A MENACE!!! A MENACE!! I TELL YOU!!!" Peter laughed as he continued to swing and he ran on windows of buildings, apologizing if he made any loud noises or if the windows cracked. 

He then grabbed his phone again...apparently MJ somehow managed to hear his loud 'WOO!!' because she texted him 'Remember to not text and swing, loser' and right as he looked at it, he almost crashed into a bus and he yelped in surprise, his phone fell from his hand and he backflipped, flipped on the bus and managed to grab it again before continuing to swing.

He swung up into the air before he released the web wings, gliding towards the Baxter Building and going through it. "WOOHOO!!" He glided and then he saw MJ walking and grabbed the lamppost and swung like a gymnast off it before landing in front of her. "Hey! Sorry I'm late!" 

MJ smiling now, and looking a bit shy said. "It's fine." She brushed some hair out of her face and then he asked. "You ready?" 

"Yeah?" She said a bit unsure and then he grinned and said. "You're gonna love this." 

Literally like two minutes later, MJ was screaming and closing her eyes and putting her head into his neck. "OKAY!! I'M NOT GONNA WATCH!! I'M NOT GONNA WATCH!! I'M NOT GONNA WATCH!! I'M NOT GONNA- HOLY SHIT!!!" MJ was holding onto Peter tightly and he said. "I got you! I got you!" 

"I know you got me! What does that have to do with anything!?" MJ said panicked. Peter held her tightly and she screamed as Peter let her go for a moment and then caught her immediately and she said. "You...you dick!" She was laughing but also screaming and Peter chuckled and then they landed on the ground in the middle of Madison Square Garden like five minutes later. 

"You okay?" Peter asked softly and she jumped off him and shook a little before saying in a bit of a high pitched, voice very unlike the Michelle Jones from Decathlon. "Woo...yeah! Yeah! I'm okay, I'm okay just....never! Never doing that again, I'm never doing that again." She said, looking down. 

It was a lie and they both knew it.

Then Peter said. "Well...I should probably get out of here." He smiled at her, not that she could tell but she probably guessed it because she smiled and said in an encouraging tone. "Be safe." Peter smiled and he replied. "I'll see you later." She nodded and he jumped up onto the lamppost, waving briefly at other people around her and then at her and then he heard behind him.

"This is breaking news!" Peter heard behind him and he turned around to face the screen. "We come to you now with revelations about last week's attack in London, an anonymous source provided this video, it shows Quentin Beck, Mysterio, trying to shoot Spider-Man in the head." 

On the screen it showed a video of Spider-Man in a damaged suit, running towards Beck, mask still on, the camera was from a corner picture, showing the whole hallway.

"Beck!! Beck!!" Spider-Man limped over to him and he said. "You lied to me, and I trusted you." The suit's mask, was half ripped, showing Spider-Man's eye and mouth, not enough to reveal his identity though and then Beck said.

"I know...that's the most disappointing part...you're a good person *****, such a weakness..." Then it showed something censored being held out to Peter. "But Stark was right...you do deserve the-" 

Peter shot his right hand to the right immediately and there was a gunshot and the Beck on the grounded, the hologram disappeared and another Beck appeared, with a gun, going to shoot Spider-Man in the head but Spider-Man held the gun tightly and the clip was over.

The news anchor was back. "As it shows, Spider-Man was betrayed by Quentin Beck, and tried to stage himself as a hero using drone hologram technology, an anonymous source reveals that Quentin Beck was a Stark Industries employee that developed the hologram technology named-"

"Binarily Augmented Retro-framing." Peter mumbled under his breath. 

Peter needs to start separating himself from Stark Industries, Jesus Christ.

"But as it stands now, The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man saved a foreign city with minimal casualties, the identity of the New York City Avenger is still unknown and probably will for the longest time but the people of London have spoken and the Queen is eternally grateful for Spider-Man's bravery." Peter looked down at MJ and she looked up at him with a smile on her face.

Then there was a fire explosion in a building nearby and people reacted and then MJ said out loud, Peter heard it well enough with his hearing and it made him smile.

"Go get 'em, loser." 

Alright, that was a little short, the chapters will get longer as the story progresses, I'm still playing it a little safe, I thought it was nice to have a retelling of the Mid Credit Scene but instead of it having a horrible ending, it has a good ending.

Leave a comment if you liked the chapter and CHAPTER 3 will arrive on Friday.