~chapter eleven~

song: i don't wanna live forever by zayn/taylor swift

GIOVANNI'S POV

My blood boils as I walk out of the restaurant, angrily yelling at the valet to grab my car. I sigh, and run my fingers through my hair, placing one of my hands on my hips. As the car arrives, Camila rushes past me, bumping into my shoulder while getting into the front seat. 

The valet was dropping us home because I was in no shape to drive after the long-ass day I've had. The guy, his name tag reading Ricky, knew me from before and gladly accepted giving us a lift. I frowned and got in the back seat. Camila had started making small talk with the driver and when they laughed, I wanted to bang his head against the fucking window.

Nobody should be able to make her laugh like I do.

We got to the hotel at around 5:45 pm. While I was paying Ricky and hailing a cab for him, and then paying for his cab back to the restaurant, Camila had rushed out, practically running up to the room.

Where the hell is she going so fast?

I forcefully close the cab for Ricky, turning on the sole of my foot, going after Camila. I stepped into the elevator and pushed the button to the top floor twice. When I reach the floor, I head straight for the door. I didn't have the key but I knocked on the door several times. No answer.

Guilt hit me like a train going 500 miles an hour.I shouldn't have said that shit. I need to get her out of my thoughts.

I didn't bother knocking on the door again, making my way back to the lobby. I headed back to my car, getting in and zooming off. I headed to the nearest bar. It happened to be only 5 minutes away from the hotel.

Excellent.

As I park my car in the bar parking lot,. I practically run inside and drop down on one of the seats.

15 shots later....

"Hey sexy thing," A blonde says, wrapping her arms around my head, and running her annoyingly long nails on my chest,

Camila always got her nails short when she went to the nail salon.

Agh! Stop thinking about Cami! There's a beautiful blonde in front of me and I will only think about her.

She leans into me and her mouth stops at my ear, she's practically straddling me now.
"Let's take this somewhere else," I say, surprising myself. She grins at me and checks me out again, head-to-toe, undressing me with her eyes. I take her hand, and start walking towards the bathroom.

When we get there, she shuts the door and locks it.

"This is going to be fun."

CAMILA'S POV

I tap my finger on the concierge's desk as she looks up at me, sympathetically.

"Well, here you go." She says, handing me a key card for the new room that I would be staying in. I smile softly at her and say, "Hey, I'm sorry for being rude to you when we checked in." I say, and she beams at me. "Oh no, no, no! It's okay! I was being a bitch and all to you, but the past is the past she says, and I smile more.

"Oh, I'm Camila, by the way." I say and extend my hand out to her.

"Kayla. Nice to meet you!" She says, giddily. I smile and wave at her, heading up to the new room.

When I press the button for the elevator, my phone starts to ring. I shove my hand into my purse and take it out, answering the call immediately.

"Hey, fratello." I say.

"Hey, bambina, how are you? How's everything going?Where's Gio?" He says, bombarding me with questions.

"Enzo, I'm fine, I'm in the elevator right now. I don't care to know where Gio is. What's going on at home? How's Mateo? How are you?" I say,rolling my eyes and quickly switching the topic.

My idiota of a brother doesnt realize, and keeps going on and on about how Mateo's school teacher keeps trying to flirt with him.

I giggle, "Well, Enzo, it's been five years, you need to go out and date again." and he goes quiet.

"Hey, I'm sorry Enzo, but you know it's true. You can't load yourself on with work." I say, and he inhales a sharp breath.

"I'll call you later," he says, and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Hey, Enzo, I didn't mean-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Bye Camila." and he hangs up, leaving me gaping at my phone. The elevator dings open and I step out, walking to the hotel room.

What if he's seeing somebody? Behind my back?

No. Enzo wouldn't do that, we tell each other everything.

I shove the keycard into the slot and push open the door. I peek into the room, and when I see the freshly made bed, I groan. I drop my purse onto the table and see a whiskey bottle that was complimentary from the hotel, on the table. I take it and unscrew the cap, and chug it, feeling the burn in my throat.

3o minutes later...

I giggle as I strip out of my clothes, feeling the old breeze of the air come from the balcony. I slip into a cami and shorts, stumbling across my room. I open the balcony door and step out, leaning against the railing, the now half-empty bottle of whiskey, in my hands. I turn around and sit down in one of the chairs, cozying up. Within a few moments, I felt tears stream down my face. I took a swing of the whiskey, letting the contents burn my insides. When I heard the door open, I quickly wiped my tears with the back of my hand and walked back inside.

I set the whiskey down on the table and looked up to see Giovanni standing in the hall from the door.. He hesitantly smiles at me and steps towards me. My eyes rake down his body, taking in his disheveled appearance. He steps closer to me, making me inhale a sharp breath. He leans down to my ear and brushes my hair back.

"Stavi piangendo?"(Were you crying?) He asks and I swear I almost fainted.

"No..." I said, sitting indian style on one of the couches.

"Camila, don't lie to me."

"Fine. Yeah, I was. Because after all this time, we were doing so well Giovanni, and you just had to go and fuck with our relationship again."

He looks at me, an unknown emotion swimming around in his eyes. "Amore, It's complicated..." He trails off.

I stare at him. He thinks it's complicated... the guy that is fucking with my feelings thinks it's complicated.

He studies my features, taking my appearance in. He moves from his place by the door to standing in front of me. I stand up to match his height, although I am met with his chest. Gio looks down at me, with lust-filled eyes.

"Non hai idea di quanto stai bene adesso."(You have no idea how good you look right now) A surge of confidence came in my head as I pushed him to the wall. His hands warp around my waist, pulling me closer.

I run my hands up and down his arms and he lifts my face up with his slender fingers to meet his. He then smashes his lips onto mine. I groan internally when he picks me up, not breaking our kiss, and walks us to the bed. I pull his shirt off, raking my hands down his chest and he shivers. I look up, making eye contact with his grey orbs, clouded with love and lust. He growls in my ear, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Are you sure?" He says, and I nod, as he locks his fingers around my cami. I close my eyes, as I feel the scent of Giovanni overcome me. 

a/n: just a heads up- they did do the deed but we aren't comfortable with writing smut so just bear with us lol

love ya!

-mariam and zaara