CHPTR 2 - His name

Once again after the incident, I found myself stood on my toes, peering around my small window, waiting, hoping to see the man once more. To maybe even talk to him.  Yet it's been weeks since I've last seen him. But with little to do around the prison I waited. Waited ever so patiently. Maybe he will walk by this road again.

The road wasn't as busy as it was most days. It was more barren, the boy selling the fruit was missing and the women in the butcher shop seemed to be pale. Though I can imagine what happened I simply prayed it wasn't true. It is not like I can do much investigating from inside my cell though. So I wait.

And wait

And wait.

More time passed as my legs begin to hurt, my calves burning so I decide to sit on my thin bed.

Not long after I hear a tang and I look at my window. And there he is, the man from weeks before, squatting by my window.

"Forgive me as I can't stand to great you." I say as I stay sat on my bed.

"No need for that." His voice rung out.

I suppose that is what surprised me the most. The deep monotone words stained my mind. I would be lying if I were to say the voice did not fit him.

"I wanted to thank you for the apple yesterday, ummm-"

"Techno." His spoke again.

"Well thank you Techno." I offer a smile.

"Yeah no problem." He looked behind him.
"Where is the boy?" He suddenly asked.

My mood dampens a bit.

"Well, from what it seems I think he was mugged. Perhaps worse." I point out, albeit hesitantly.

"Why do you say that?" He questions.

"You gave him a hefty amount of money yesterday, and this IS the slums after all, not much money here." I explain, he nods his head slowly.

"But I doubt they harmed the boy bad. The mugging never go that far." I say, trying to lighten up the mood, knowing that there is a low chance he has actually been killed.

"Right." He only seems to answer in short statements or answers.

"Speaking of which. What is a wealthy man like you doing in this part or the lands?" I slowly get up, my legs not hurting anymore.

"Because." I expected something to come after but he never continued.

"What are you doing, well... here." He motions to my small room.

"Well I'm serving a sentence." I say, standing on my toes as I now look through my window at him.

"What for?" He looks amused, his brows are raised in question and his eyes show interest.

"Why must you know? After all you didn't tell me why you are in these parts. I think it's only fair you answer me first, I did ask before you." I smile coyly.

He chuckles and hangs his head a bit. His laugh suits him well.

"Well then miss..."

"(Y/n)"

"Miss (y/n), I am here on a visit to a dear friend of mine." He spoke in a tone that indicated playfulness.

"Well then Sir Techno, I am here, in my wondrous cell, because I had happened to 'look at the crowned prince wrong'" I explain, being dramatic.

Techno looks at me skeptically.

"That's really it." I say.

"That doesn't seem like something you would go to prison for." He seemed a bit confused. Guess he really isn't from these parts.

"Yeah well, the prince is a spoiled one. It's true for most all royals." I complain.

"Yes, that I agree on." He chuckled.
"So how long are you in for?" He questioned.

"Four years." He looks perplexed.

"I did say he was a spoiled one." I laugh, albeit lighthearted.

"That you did." He seems to be in thought.

"So, I've answered- what? Two questions now?" I hum, "Why do you wear this- get up? Especially in the slums, people will see you as an easy target you know." I raise a brow at him.

"I don't really care about that. They all look to scared to come near me anyway." He seemed bored with his explanation.

"True." I mumble. My legs are starting to hurt again.

"I should get going. My friend is- an impatient one." He stands, dusting himself off.

"Well I hope you're journey goes well Techno. Come visit me some more yes?" I ask, hopeful.

"Oh I will." Is the final thing he says as he walks off.

Till next we meet Techno.