A Never Ending Love

(Note: I wrote this a few years ago, it was updated and rewritten, However I can not find the latest copy. So I hope you enjoy this Older copy and all its bugs and errors! I just dont have the time at the moment to go through it and re-edit it!)

One

Lucy was sitting on the grass by the lake, her long legs bending at the knees. She looked at peace with her brown hair blowing in the breeze. She looked up at the moon with her shining emerald eyes, smiling. Hearing a small noise to her left she glanced over to see her friend Emma standing over her with a ready smile. It was a warm June evening, the sun had set and the moon was shinning just as bright as the star filled sky. Lucy had always loved watching the stars. Emma sat down next to Lucy silently. Lucy glanced at her with a smile. Not a word past between them. Lucy then looked past Emma to her two other friends Nicola and Alex to make sure they were still close by. Lucy loved the village she lived in; it was a quiet place. In the summer it had a few tourists but nothing like the town she had grown up in. Lucy had moved up to Thetford the year before, it was now the year of 1998. Thetford being a small northern village in Norfolk it had a small friendly pub that was always full in the evening. With its whitewash walls and dark beams it was a place to relax and unwind from a hard day.

There was a park just behind where Lucy was sitting and she could hear some lads larking around. Lucy looked over in the direction of the noise and could just make out their shapes. It looked like there were four of them. Lucy looked back at Emma with another smile; she was a good friend she thought, always there when you needed her like a mother hen. She was always clucking around the group making sure that everyone was ok. Lucy looked back up to the sky and started thinking of the town she had grown up in the south of England, not to far from the coast.

“Lucy” Emma said flicking her long black hair over her shoulder “are you ok?” Lucy glanced over at her friend and realised she had been a million miles away.

“Yeah I’m fine, just been thinking of home again” She sighed. Emma smiled; she had feeling that was what Lucy had been thinking about. She was somewhat glad she had been right; it really proved to her that she knew her.

“Come on lets go for a walk” Emma nodded towards the park where Lucy had spotted the lads, smiling Lucy realised that Emma had seen them too and she wanted to make her mark. Lucy stood up and dusted herself off. Glancing over she saw that Alex and Nicola had already noticed they were moving off and were following behind them. Lucy linked her arm through Emma’s and they walked up to the park.

James and the other three lads were fooling around much like normal. They were on the swings in the play park, they were always there messing around, never causing any trouble just making a lot of harmless noise. James was new to the area along with Richard. Where as Henry and Robert had lived in Thetford all their lives. When James had first moved to Thetford he had been quiet bruised and battered. He had never said why or what had happened and they had never asked. They knew he would tell them if he wanted to and in his own time.

James and Richard had noticed the girls over by the lake and wondered who they were. Robert told them neither him nor Henry knew the one with the brown hair but they knew who the one with the long black hair was.

“Emma is the one with black hair, she’s rather feisty” Robert commented shuffling his feet nervously. James laughed. He was two years older than the others but it didn’t stop them being good mates.

“Sounds like you have your eyes on her!” James glanced back over towards the lake. Noticing that the two girls had stood up and were walking towards them. James swung out his arm and caught Richard on the shoulder to get his attention pointing towards the girls. Richard looked over and watched.