19.

"Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful. My talk, my walk, the way I trick, it's not my fault so please don't trip. Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful."
-keri hilson
____________________________

Hazel Fenty

The next day

A/N: this is the day after they had sex. remember it was early in the morning when they pulled up to the condo. so it was dark.

"Thanks for giving me a ride." I thanked, Bashar as he drove down the highway.

"No problem, no problem." Benji said, patting me on the shoulder.

"Nigga, she wasn't even talking to you." Isaac said, with his face scrunched up.

"Exactly. No problem ma." He agreed, looking over at me. I blushed, looking away. We pulled up to the hospital, and Bashar parked the car in front of the entrance. I got out and so did Harlow. Today was our last day in Williamsburg and then it would be back to shitty school and homework.

I took the elevator up. I waited patiently until the doors opened and walked past the front desk, down the hall to my mothers room. I opened the door and there she was, still laying still. The sheet was pulled up to her neck and there was water running.

A nurse came out, she saw me and smiled. "Good morning, I just gave her a bath." She announced. I nodded deciding to sit down.

"Good morning. Any progress?" The nurse wiped my mother's face of facial soap then looked over at me.

"Everything is still the same but, I know she'll make a fast recovery." I smiled but it was a sad smile. I wanted my mom awake and cussing my dad out. I hated not being able to hear her voice. The lady dressed my mom, checked her vitals and then left the room.

I scooted my chair closer to the bed, laying my head on my mother's tummy. My phone vibrated, I looked down at it and it was Ty.

Fuckboy🤞🏾💔
let's link

I honestly didn't want to be bothered with this nigga right now. I just wanted to be alone with my mom. Today was my last day and we couldn't move her. My dad didn't want to come either. He said he couldn't bare to see the love of his life like this. I re-read the text message again. It could only mean one thing. Then, the conversation I had with my mother replayed in my head.

"Hazel, why would you do that?" Cookie questioned looking at her daughter with disappointment laced in her voice. "and don't tell me you don't know, or ima' slap you in ya' mouth." Cookie folded her lip in with her hands closed together.